Highlights on this 1.5-hour cruise include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- the Brooklyn Waterfront and the New York City skyline
- The Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
So hop aboard the Kingston today and see New York as it was meant to be seen—from the water!
What Is Not Included?
- Food is not served during the cruise, but please feel free to bring a small picnic of your own! Sodas, beer and water are available for purchase at our cash only bar.
- Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do cruises sell out frequently? If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. A waiting list is kept for sold out trips and special events.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- There are no reduced rate tickets for children or infants on the Sunset Cruise. For kid and infants we suggest the day time "Statue & Skyline Cruise" to obtain reduced rate tickets, as the day time cruises are suggested as being more "family friendly" departures. All guests, whether kids or infants, must have a "General Admission" ticket purchased on their behalf on the Sunset Cruise.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- You will see many sites in Lower Manhattan including: Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Parts of Brooklyn and the lower New York City skyline, and the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River.
- Is food available on the boat?
- No, we do not have food service on Kingston, but you are welcome to bring aboard a small picnic or snacks of your own.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. There is a cash bar aboard for champagne, wine, beer, soda and water. It is okay to bring a small picnic or snacks with you.
- Is the boat safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, you also have highly trained mate members on every cruise to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets, as well as a restroom, should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Kingston you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Kingston is a completely covered area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the yacht handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, the Kingston is not handicap accessible.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- No, gift certificates are not available. Please check out our other regularly scheduled public trips for fantastic gift certificate options!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
The Kingston is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our staff is known for their amazing hospitality, and are all professionally trained and experienced on our vessels. They are also very knowledgeable about the sights you will enjoy.
Sit back, relax and enjoy yourself . With wind in your hair and amazing scenes in front of your eyes, everything is just breezy on the Kingston.