Enjoy a comfortable and unique New York City harbor cruise departing from the lively Pier 13 of North Hoboken. This is truly one of the most spectacular ways to see NYC and our most romantic cruise!
Sit back and enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the back-deck observatory of a classic 1920s-style yacht. Plenty of room and comfort for all will be found from the open decks of our classic yachts: Beacon or Kingston!
Highlights on this 1.5 hour cruise include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn, the Hoboken & Jersey City Waterfront and the New York City skyline!
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River.
- And of course, the classics of Frank Sinatra!
The Beacon and Kingston offer wrap around seating, a full bar, an impeccably clean bathroom and stunning views! Be out on the open back deck or bow and find covered, comfy seating at mid ship.
The Beacon & Kingston provide the perfect opportunity to relax, maybe have a romantic night our, or just take in the sites!
So hop aboard the mini yachts Beacon or Kingston today and see the city lights from New York Harbor!
Please note: This cruise is only available on Friday and Saturday nights. Departure times vary throughout the season due to the changing time of sunset and daylight savings. Check our online schedule, or be sure to purchase in advance.
**This trip USUALLY runs on the Beacon, but occasionally takes place on the Kingston.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do cruises sell out frequently? If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. A waiting list is kept for sold out trips and special events.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- Occasionally, you can find street parking within a few blocks of the pier, but there are also a number of parking garages to be considered. Propark at 1125 Hudson Street, Propark at 1450 Bloomfield Avenue and Littleman Parking at 2 12th Street are the nearest location. Rates vary based on day and time of day.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased. In the case of extreme weather, the captain may allow rescheduling or refunds, but that decision is normally made on the day of the event up to one hour prior to departure.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- On our city lights trip we only have general admission tickets. For reduced rate child's tickets, please consider one of our day time cruises. It is OK to bring children on the city lights cruise, please just be sure to secure a general admission ticket for each child. Also, please be conscious of other guests who may be out for a romantic evening or a time to relax. (Young ones need to be on their best behavior on the city lights cruise please.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- You will see many sites in Lower Manhattan including: Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River depending on the tides.
- Is food available on the boat?
- There is no food served on the city lights cruise but you are welcome to bring aboard a small picnic of your own! Cheese & Crackers, some sushi to go, some fine deli sandwiches, etc. go great with a cold beer or wine!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. There will be a full bar on board with beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks available for purchase.
- Are the Yachts Beacon and Kingston safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, you also have a crew member on every cruise to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, other non-alcoholic beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one. We also have a roomy bathroom and a high secure wall that encircles the perimeter of the boat.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed. Pier 13 in Hoboken!
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Kingston is a completely covered area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered. The Beacon is 70% covered.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Are the Beacon & Kingston handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, the they are not handicap accessible.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes!! Private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- No, gift certificates are not available. Please check out our other regularly scheduled public trips for fantastic gift certificate options!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
The Beacon is operated by Coast Guard Certified Captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Known for their amazing hospitality, our staff is all professionally trained and experienced on our vessel. They're also very knowledgeable about all the sights you will enjoy.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself. With wind in your hair and amazing scenes in front of your eyes, everything is just breezy on the Beacon.