Experience a bright and beautiful New York City skyline by night during a comfortable and unique New York City harbor cruise. This is truly one of the most spectacular ways to see NYC and our most romantic cruise!
Sit back and enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the heated/cooled back-deck observatory of one of these 1920s-style yachts.
Highlights during this 1.5-hour cruise include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island lit up at night
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the entire illuminated New York City skyline!
- The glowing Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
A beautiful full bar and specialty NY State wines by the bottle available for purchase aboard these classic yachts. (One complimentary drink is included.)
Please Note: Departure times vary throughout the season due to the changing time of sunset and daylight savings. Check our online schedule, or be sure to purchase in advance.
Climb aboard the Manhattan or Manhattan II and witness the beauty and elegance of NYC's lights!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
The most romantic night I've ever had.....
|TinaAhedo||Wed, Nov 11 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I can only explain this cruise in three words: a lifelong memory. I've been to NYC over 20x but have never experienced the beauty of NYC, Jersy City, Brooklyn and Queens as I did during this cruise. And the best part? To look into the love of my lifes eyes when we approached Lady Liberty with the city lights behind us and her beauty before us is just something my words cannot express.....this is a must do experience. The Manhattan Yatch is beautiful and elegant... The staff was courteous, but most of all....in all my years this experience is one I will never ever forget!
NYC after nightfall and from the water...
|StausisinNYC||Thu, Oct 29 6:15 PM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
...it's a wonderful experience one just can recommend! All the lights glittering on the water that's a beautiful sight. Great crew, too.
|ivaninarra||Tue, Oct 27 6:15 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
A very relaxing and nice experience. Crew was helpful and reachable. Views stunning, very comfortable boat.
|Ahinojosa||Sat, Oct 24 8:15 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This is one of the best ways to see the city, especially at night. The drink options on the cruise are exceptional and the staff is terrific. I especially want to point out Tiffany, the amazing lady in the booth. She saved me and made my friend's bday an astonishing sucess after traffic made us miss our scheduled appointment. I will be back to do this again
|Tinesquared||Sat, Sep 26 7:45 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Great attentive service. They were accommodating. The views were also gorgeous.
|karlarinaldi||Sat, Sep 26 7:45 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Peaceful, scenic and enjoyable time. Would have liked if it were a little bit more upbeat.
This is a must do tour
|smiley24||Sat, Sep 26 7:45 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
|Mwhibbs12||Sat, Sep 26 7:45 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Highly recommend! My wife and I were visiting from Florida and a friend living in Manhattan told us about this cruise. We were not disappointed! Bring a jacket because it was a little chilly.
|POCHARD||Sat, Sep 5 8:15 PM||Male||60-69||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Very romantic trip: extraordinnary views+ quietness+ champagne = wonderful experience
Great way to see the city!
|vaguy3683||Sat, Sep 5 8:15 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
If you have never seen the city from the water at night you need to take this cruise. The boat and crew are first class and the views are simply amazing. Highly recommend.
- Is the city lights cruise narrated?
- No, it is not. Light music is played over the sound system and this cruise provides excellent sightseeing of the city lights. Guests that are on this cruise who would like information about the sites are invited to ask our crew or captain for 1 on 1 narration. This specific cruise of ours is created for a more romantic and passive style of tourism.
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- General admission tickets are for all ages. There are no free infant tickets or child tickets available on the City Lights Cruise. We do have free infant tickets and child tickets available on the Statue & Skyline Cruise and the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise. You are permitted to bring Children on the City Lights Cruise, but they will have to have a "General Admission" full price ticket purchased on their behalf. This trip is designated for Adults and Couples and we aim to create an elegant experience for these guests. We ask that only mature, well-behaved children be brought aboard for this cruise.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. Theses yachts are a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC” (Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- The vessel travels south from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River, passing the West Village and Tribeca portion of Hudson River Park. She then rounds Battery Park, heading up the East River to travel under the Brooklyn, Williamsburg, and Manhatttan Bridges. She then makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before heading north on the Hudson River to return to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food available on the boat?
- No, we do not serve food on this particular trip, but a fruit and cheese plate (serves 2 ) is available for $18. You are more than welcome to bring a light snack or picnic meal with you on board.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A beautiful full bar and specialty NY State wines by the bottle available for purchase aboard these yachts. (One complimentary drink is included.)
- Are these yachts safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or be refunded.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Are these vessels handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan and Manhattan II is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While their exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, they are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the City Lights Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.