Sit back and enjoy the gorgeous 360-degree view of the island from the open decks or the glassed-in back-deck observatory of these Gatsby-esque 1920's style yachts.
On this 1.5-hour cruise, take in picturesque views from our glassed-in observatory. Highlights along the way include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the New York City skyline
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
Please note: The departure time of this cruise varies throughout the season due to the time of the sunset and day light savings. Advance purchase is strongly encouraged.
Also note: A LIVE JAZZ TRIO performs every Sunday! In order to join us on a sunset cruise on Sundays, please purchase tickets for the "Sunday Evening Jazz" event.
Climb aboard the Manhattan or Manhattan II and witness the city's beauty and elegance under the setting sun!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great time/great service
|Inezinnola||Sat, Oct 31 6:15 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Really fun night! Beautiful views and great service!! Drinks are a little pricey, but that's Manhattan .
Great Birthday Present
|ruthtb||Sat, Oct 31 6:15 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Excellent cruise, even for a local! I booked this as a birthday present and we had a great time. The staff was really great - very friendly and helpful. Would totally recommend!
|ravihah||Fri, Oct 23 6:15 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Unspecified|
I'm local, but was hosting out-of-town guests and really looking forward to this least-of-touristy cruises. The boat is great and the staff were very nice. Unfortunately, the waves were quite a lot even while docked, and my friend had to step off the boat as soon as she stepped on. This is a small boat, and if you're vulnerable to sea-sickness that may be a problem you should consider beforehand. They do not accept cancellations or give refunds for any reason, and that's a policy they need to reconsider. I'm now out a lot of money.
Beautiful sunset views
|Milldrum||Fri, Oct 23 6:15 PM||Unspecified||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We had a wonderful time on the Manhattan! Great way to see the city at night. Enjoyed the comfort of the enclosed cabin and the views afforded from the deck too! Service was awesome and very personal. Romantic date idea.
A pleasant evening!
|cgerard123||Thu, Oct 22 6:15 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Took my girl out for her birthday. Such a nice view, nice bar, nice boat and crew. Would totally recommend!
Great way to spend an evening
|ILYMAT1971||Sat, Oct 17 6:15 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
It is a really great way to spend an evening, with one person or a small group. We take the cruise every time we are in NYC on a weekend.
|mjhubel||Tue, Oct 13 6:15 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The cruise was well worth the ticket price. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the sights and the information from the captain. The crew was also very friendly and helpful during the cruise. There were only about 12 of us on the cruise along with the crew, so we had plenty of room to move around the boat. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting NYC. My wife isn't much of a sight-seer, but this was the highlight of her trip.
Best part of our trip
|smithsnyc||Tue, Oct 13 6:15 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
We were lucky to have a small group on a Tuesday evening. The staff was great. It was intimate and awe inspiring. We'd definitely say it was worth the money.
A must-do while in New York!
|CaityCartier||Sun, Oct 11 6:15 PM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I took the sunset cruise in early October and it was incredible. The skyline at night is like nothing you'll ever see and you cannot beat the view of the Statue of Liberty. Highly recommended!
Gorgeous- I'd call Iridescent Manhattan
|MariaDowney||Sat, Oct 10 6:15 PM||Female||30-39||Unspecified||Unspecified|
It was one of the most beautiful spectacles I ever saw... The buildings became iridescent accordingly to the sky colour changes... the Liberty Statue also seemed so impressive by sunset and the proximity. Very recommended...
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- General admission tickets are for all ages. There are no free infant tickets or child tickets available on the Champagne Sunset Cruise. We do have free infant tickets and child tickets available on the Statue & Skyline Cruise and the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise. You are permitted to bring Children on the Champagne Sunset Cruise, but they will have to have a "General Admission" full price ticket purchased on their behalf. This trip is designated for Adults and Couples and we aim to create an elegant experience for these guests. We ask that only mature, well-behaved children be brought aboard for this cruise.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. These yachts are a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link (Many people also use the 'Email to a Friend' link to send themselves an email, so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- We will travel south from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River, passing the West Village and Tribeca portion of Hudson River Park. She then rounds Battery Park, heading up the East River to travel under the Brooklyn, Williamsburg, and Manhatttan Bridges. We then makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before heading north on the Hudson River to return to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food available on the boat?
- There is a cheese plate available for purchase for $18. Other than that, you are more than welcome to bring light snacks or a picnic on board.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A beautiful full bar and specialty NY State wines by the bottle available for purchase aboard the Yacht Manhattan. (One complimentary drink is included.)
- Are these yachts safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on our motor yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or be refunded.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts are a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Are these yachts handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click the “Contact SailNYC” link to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Sunset Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Is this cruise narrated?
- This cruise is very lightly narrated by the captain or a crew member. This cruise is particularly great for sightseeing of lower Manhattan, and it tends to be a hit among locals, couples, and guests coming straight from work. In efforts to make this event most relaxing, only light narration is provided and light music is also played.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.