On this sail, you will experience the splendor of the New York City skyline by moonlight.
Some sights during your sail will include:
Complimentary champagne, wine, beer and soda will be provided. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
We will be shutting off our engines and setting sail for as much of the trip as possible.
Join your captain aboard the Schooner Adirondack for a moonlit sail you'll never forget.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Loved the sail at night.
|rvbudd||Sat, Aug 29 8:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Moon was incredible as is the SOL and the NYC skyline. Incredible crew too!
|erinrose16||Thu, Jul 2 9:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
We enjoyed the boat ride on the Schooner. The staff was pleasant and professional, and the boat was very pretty and safe. A relaxing evening, I would do it again perhaps in the earlier evening at sunset next time if I had visitors from out of town in. Only quibble, it would have been nice to get a confirmation email as the date arrived, last time it was cancelled at the last minute, late morning day of due to low attendance.
|rsjohnson375||Thu, Jul 2 9:00 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Other|
Captain Kat (Cat?) runs a fun little trip. Crew was not as friendly as others we have experienced on similar cruises. Perfectly nice but not the best. Great views of the harbor, the Lady, the city and Jersey
|locascia||Wed, Jul 1 9:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
We really enjoyed our Full Moon sail. The staff was wonderful and the night was perfect. If you live in NYC you need to get out on the water and take in the beauty of where you live! If you are visiting NYC and decide to do this you are a pretty cool tourist!
|lenadegloma||Wed, Jul 1 9:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Professional crew - lovely boat, great ride, 3 rounds of drinks was very generous! such a great time.
Perfect way to see the city at night
|Malwen||Thu, Oct 9, 14 8:30 PM||Female||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
The route took us past splendid views of New York ablaze with light - the full moon added something special to the scene.
|Patweber||Thu, Oct 9, 14 8:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Couple on a Date|
Had a beautiful night for thhe Full Moon Sail. Moon was bright and the lights of the city beautiful! The Captain and staff were amazing and so accommodating. Highly Recommend
|tmsilverman||Mon, Sep 8, 14 8:30 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Other|
This was my 6th annual End-of-Summer outing with my daughter, now 23, and we've never been disappointed. The boat is great and the setting is nothing short of spectacular. The crew (Kat, Danny, ???) are super and make the cruise all that much more enjoyable. This year we had the added benefits of a "Super Moon" and a nice fresh breeze for some excellent sailing.
|nylez07||Sun, Sep 7, 14 8:30 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Can't be better. The boys on board are so funny...a total recommendation.
One wait... two fireworks shows?!
|davidlross12||Sun, Sep 7, 14 8:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Great time great staff great wine and wait there's a fireworks show on the water.... omfg there's two. super amazing great time with the fiancee.
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait list for our sails, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the sail you are looking for is full, you should also check out sails aboard the Schooner Adirondack III, the Adirondack's twin vessel!
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14, you should purchase a reduced-price child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of infant tickets labeled when making your purchase. All passengers must have a ticket, regardless of age, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for when booking.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- While each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, we try to follow our regular route, which involves heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, passing by Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. There are also fantastic views of the Financial District and the NYC skyline.
- Is food served during the sails?
- Generally just drinks are included, we include lunch on the Fall Foliage Trips and the Mayor's Cup Race aboard the Adirondacks, and light fare on the Fourth of July Sail.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring your own alcohol on board. Our sunset and city lights sails include complimentary champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water. Our daytime sails include beer, soda, and bottled water. Our brunch sails include mimosas, bloody Mary's, champagne, OJ, beer, wine, soda, coffee, and water. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Is the Schooner Adirondack safe?
- Absolutely. The schooner is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets, should you feel you need one. There are also private marine heads (bathrooms) below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The schooner is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any seasickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take such precautions for motion sickness. However, we cannot officially advise you to take any medication.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. Using a marine head involves pumping, and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems to date with theft or damage.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to one hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or get a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some of the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) We have ankle-length, button-down raincoats available for all of our guests in the case we are caught in a rain-shower.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooner Adirondack, and her sister the Adirondack III, can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this particular sail. There are, however, gift certificates available for our Daytime, Sunset, and City Lights Sails on the Schooner Adirondack, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Adirondack Classic Schooner Sails by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Sailing in this schooner is a privilege. She moves through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing her with you.
The Adirondack is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.