Within five minutes of leaving the dock, you'll forget the mayhem and noise of Manhattan street life, and you'll feel the relaxing breeze of New York Harbor.
You'll take in the famous Manhattan skyline as it was meant to be seen, from the water - plus spectacular views of Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge.
You'll experience the following on your two-hour sail:
- Heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the schooner will pass by Ellis Island and sail out to the Statue of Liberty.
- Complimentary beer, soda, and water will be provided. Wine and champagne will be available for purchase. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
Join us on the Schooner Adirondack as we sail the harbors of the most famous island in the world!
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Definitely Recommended For First Time NYC Visitors
|snguyen1230||Tue, Sep 29, 15 3:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Everytime I'm out here visiting with friends, I recommend that they take this tour. Not just to relax and kick back, but to get some great photo ops and get a chance to see New York in all of its glory. You really get what you pay for, and the ride is pretty smooth. Everyone seems to be on top of things, so it really makes for a nice ride (depending on weather). Plus, can't go wrong with complimentary beverages, right?
AMAZING - Highly recommend!
|ceborgie||Mon, Sep 28, 15 3:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Went on a sailing tour with my mom and sister during our trip to NYC. By far our favorite activity of the trip! The staff was wonderful and the views were amazing. This was worth every penny! Can't wait to come back to NYC and try out an evening sail!
A breath of fresh air
|tekeli||Wed, Sep 23, 15 3:00 PM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
A thoroughly enjoyable experience to be on a classic boat in beautiful weather and seeing New York from a different angle. Excellent service.
|ebukareva||Sun, Sep 20, 15 3:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Friendly crew, great views, tons of good impressions. Would recommend this to a friend.
Relaxing, enjoyable time on the water.
|Lywyna||Sat, Sep 19, 15 12:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Great views of the city and Statue of Liberty. Friendly helpful staff, good beer and relaxing environment. Highly recommended.
Great ship and crew!!
|pjgrady||Sat, Sep 19, 15 12:30 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Great fun. Relaxing, beautiful views and good refreshments! Would highly recommend it !!
|hmoore||Fri, Sep 18, 15 12:30 PM||Female||30-39||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We love going every year on the sailboat. The crew is always awesome and the views are amazing.
|Mariasorem||Fri, Sep 18, 15 12:30 PM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We had a great few hours on the river.
Adirondack afternoon sailing
|Mdubyah||Thu, Sep 17, 15 3:00 PM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We were blessed with perfect weather, and this was the perfect way to spend a couple of hours. The crew were great and the boat itself was a real experience, powering out to the Statue of Liberty under full sail. Excellent value, very relaxing, complimentary drinks on board. This is a must do when visiting New York.
Great way to spend an afternoon
|joeying57||Mon, Sep 14, 15 3:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
My recent 2-hour sail on the Adirondack was wonderful. It's a great way to see the skyline of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty and to get a unique and safe sailing experience. It's a beautiful boat; the views spectacular and the price includes free drinks too!! Well worth it and definitely something to be highly recommended.
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait list for our sails, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the sail you are looking for is full, you should also check out cruises aboard the yacht Manhattan.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced-price child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of infant tickets labeled “Free” when making a purchase. All passengers must have a ticket, regardless of age, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for when booking.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- The schooners are a very popular choice for private charter sailing, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the sail date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back on this website, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC.” Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- While each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, we try to follow our regular route, which involves heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, passing by Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. There are also fantastic views of the Financial District and the NYC skyline.
- Is food served during the sails?
- Food is not served on the day sail, but drinks are included. Feel free to bring your own picnic with you on the sail!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring your own alcohol on board. Our sunset and city lights sails include complimentary champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water. Our daytime sails includes beer, soda, and bottled water. Our brunch sails include mimosas, bloody Mary's, champagne, OJ, beer, wine, soda, coffee, and water. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Is the Schooner Adirondack safe?
- Absolutely. The Schooner Adirondack is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets, should you feel you need one. There are also private marine heads (bathrooms) below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooners Adirondack & Adirondack III are steady, gentle vessels. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the schooners, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with two bathrooms that are accessible at all times. We call them "marine heads" and they are unlike the bathrooms you use at home. Using a marine head involves pumping, and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sails will end at the same pier from which they departed, which is Pier 62 at Chelsea Piers, near 23rd Street.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to one hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or get a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some of the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) We have ankle-length, button-down raincoats available for all of our guests aboard the America 2.0 in the case we are caught in a rain-shower.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Are the schooners handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooners are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooner Adirondack can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the daytime sail on the Schooner Adirondack, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this sail, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Sailing in this schooner is a privilege. She moves through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing her with you.
The Adirondack is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.