Each week we will focus on a different region exploring the grapes, styles, soils, viticulture, and tasting techniques that will help you enjoy your wine! These interactive tastings will be conducted by our wine professional Wendy Crispell in a fun, relaxed atmosphere aboard the beautiful yacht Manhattan or Manhattan II. This season's tastings will feature a number of different artisan & farmstead cheeses selected each week to complement the wines of the day. In addition, a selection of dried fruit, nuts and breads will be served to highlight each pairing.
- Taste five different wines from a specific region in the world
- Artisan cheese matched with the wines of the evening
- Learn the basics of tasting in a fun, informative setting
- Find out what makes each wine different and unique
- Discuss major styles, grape varieties, regions, trends and more
- March 11th & 25th - Irish Cheese & Wines
- April 8th & 9th - New World Vs. Old World
- April 22nd & 23rd - Organic, Biodynamic and Natural
- May 13th & 14th - Girls Rock!
- May 27th & 28th - SpringTime: White, Red & Rose perfect for picnics
- June 10th & 11th - Summer Wines, bubbly Reds, refreshing whites and wine cocktails
- June 24th & 25th - France without fear; Part I
- July 8th & 9th - France without fear; Part II
- July 22nd & 23rd - Greece
- August 12th & 13th - Italy; Part I
- August 26th & 27th - Italy; Part II
- Sept 9th & 10th - Chile and Argentina
- Sept 23rd & 24th - Portugal
- Oct 7th & 8th - Spain and the Iberian Peninsula
- Oct 21st & 22nd - Oktoberfest
- Nov 4th & 5th - Celebrate Harvest
What Is Not Included?
The light tapas do not serve as a full dinner. Guests are more than welcome to bring additional food if necessary.
For Saturday Wine Tastings: Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fantastic wine tasting!
|kseabold||Sat, Apr 23 1:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I would definitely do this again! Wine was great as well as the cheese pairings. Weather was perfect and it was the first time I've ever sailed around all of Manhattan. A must-do.
Very nice date idea
|dhyman2||Sat, Apr 9 1:30 PM||Female||Unspecified||Unspecified||Couple on a Date|
I had a great time despite the rainy weather. What was even better was the fact that it was such a small group of us, each couple got their own booth so you were able to have more personal coversation and really enjoy one another. Definitely would recommend.
Relaxing and fun wine and cheese pairing cruise
|lwesolow||Fri, Mar 25 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Other|
My daughter and I love to try new wines and we're not disappointed with this cruise. We tried some new wines and Irish/Welsh/English cheeses. It was a nice way to spend a Friday evening. We are planning to do this cruise again someday.
|jdiprisco||Fri, Mar 11 6:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
We took the 3/11 sunset cruise with wine and cheese pairings. Outstanding evening and a real treat. Our guests were tourists but we are native New Yorkers and enjoyed it very much. Such a a beautiful way to spend a couple of hours and enjoy the city from a uniques perspective. The boat is gorgeous with lots of beautiful teak and clear glass for great views.
|sk82712||Fri, Mar 11 6:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Made out on the bow of the boat after a few glasses of wine while cruising past FiDi with a beautiful reflection of the sunset caught in the buildings' glass. 10 out of 10, would do again.
Fantastic experience with an amazing staff
|KaranK||Fri, Feb 12 6:00 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I went here for a date with my fiancé. We've been on a few wine tasting/classes before but none matched the quality of the food or the professionalism of the staff. The ship is beautiful, and NYC skyline at night is even prettier You are seated booth style, in my case with two other couples which I thought would be awkward but as soon as the night started I completely forgot they were there. You have your privacy despite being seated with others. The best part of the night was the wine which was paired flawlessly with cheese and chocolate, it sounds odd but man was it good. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the woman who curated the event but she was incredibly knowledgeable and put together a really fantastic tasting which was actually very filling. Def worth the money and a great date for a special occasion or date night
Great trip - a must for Manhattan
|Robbgb1||Sat, Dec 19, 15 1:45 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
The wine and cheese pairing cruise is a super way to see Manhattan and learn about new wine and cheese pairings. The selection is well thought out and while the portions could be a tad larger, the overall experience is unforgettable.
|chergraf||Fri, Nov 13, 15 6:45 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The boat was super clean. The wine, cheese, and chocolate was amazing as was the staff. Loved the boat ride in the dark, the lights of the city were so pretty. My only criticism is that I wished the boat went slower. I travelled with a friend so we sat with 6 people we did not know but everyone was so friendly and fun. We told the concierge at the Chelsea pines inn to put this on their recommendation of things to do.
Wonderful for a group
|Jillelen||Sat, Sep 12, 15 5:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
There were 6 of us together for a bachelorette party and it was the perfect night out. The wine was wonderful and perfectly paired with the cheese. There was sufficient description of the wines but not too long winded. We had more than enough time to talk and enjoy each others' company. We are already looking forward to getting more friends together to do this again in the near future.
Beautiful boat, great wines, memorable day
|tkjm23||Sat, Aug 22, 15 1:45 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
I have to admit, I was afraid this was going to be a cheesy tourist trap; but the boat was brand new and beautiful. The servers where professional (although some had heavy pours than others) and the wine and cheeses showcased were excellent. Would recommend this to anyone....even the non-tourist.
- Will we have trained somelliers to lead this event?
- Absolutely! Wendy Crispell has years of experience in wine tastings and food pairings. Read more below for the impressive credentials!
- Who is Wendy Crispell?
- Wendy Crispell is a wine professional who specializes in food pairings and the art of taste. She has successfully completed The Master Class at The Artisanal Cheese Center, Kevin Zralys Windows on the World Wine School, The Deutsche Wine Academy, Bordeaux L'Ecole Du Vin & has received both the Intermediate and Advanced Certificate from The Wine & Spirit Educational Trust with honors.
- Where will the wines we taste come from?
- The tastings will vary from week to week, but we will focus on wines from all over the world! Please select a date/time and click "Buy Tickets" to view the wine regions that will be available on that cruise.
- Will food be served on the cruise?
- Yes. There will be Paired hors d' oeuvres for you to enjoy with each wine. All food and wine are included in the cost of the trip.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- Is there an age minimum on this cruise?
- Since this cruise is focused on tasting alcoholic beverages, all participants must be twenty-one years or older and have a valid government-issued ID to attend.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- We will depart from Chelsea piers and travel south bound on the Hudson River. You will see the World Financial District, Ellis Island, Governors Island, The Statue of Liberty. You will then travel North up the East River seeing the Brooklyn Bridge, and Manhattan Bridge. Saturday afternoon trips in the summer will do a full circumnavigation of the island and are hence 45 minutes longer. While you are cruising you will have a Educational, and Elegant Wine and Food Pairing.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board.There will be five to six different wines that will be tasted each cruise. Complimentary soda, water & juice is available from the bar.
- Are these yachts safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these vessels, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these vessels is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is there a restroom on board?
- Yes! There are two restrooms aboard each boat for your convenience.
- are these vessels handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan and Manhattan II is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, they are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government-issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.