Each week we will focus on a different region exploring the grapes, styles, soils, viticulture, and tasting techniques that will help you enjoy your wine! These interactive tastings will be conducted by our wine professional Wendy Crispell in a fun, relaxed atmosphere aboard the beautiful yacht Manhattan or Manhattan II. This season's tastings will feature a number of different artisan & farmstead cheeses selected each week to complement the wines of the day. In addition, a selection of dried fruit, nuts and breads will be served to highlight each pairing.
- Taste five different wines from a specific region in the world
- Artisan cheese matched with the wines of the evening
- Learn the basics of tasting in a fun, informative setting
- Find out what makes each wine different and unique
- Discuss major styles, grape varieties, regions, trends and more
- February 14th - Valentine's Day Special
- March 28th - Wine & Cheese 201
- April 11th - New World vs. Old World
- April 25th - France
- May 9th - Women wine & Cheesemakers
- May 30th - (5pm-7pm) France
- June 13th - Greece
- June 27th - Red Wines perfect for sunset
- July 11th - Hungary, The Balkans & Slovenia
- July 25th - New Zealand
- August 8th - Italy (Part one)
- August 22nd - Italy (Part two)
- September 12th - Chille & Argentina
- September 26th - Portugal
- October 10th - Oktoberfest
- October 24th - Spain & Iberian Peninsula
- November 14th - Holiday Wine Tasting
- November 28th - Holiday Wine Tasting
- December 12th - Holiday Wine Tasting
- December 19th - Holiday Wine Tasting
What Is Not Included?
The light tapas do not serve as a full dinner. Guests are more than welcome to bring additional food if necessary.
For Saturday Wine Tastings: Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Enjoyable and different activity
|RDGary||Sat, Jul 11 1:45 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
Bought this experience for my husband as a birthday present and we had a wonderful time celebrating together. The staff was kind, the leader knowledgeable and the wine and cheese were delicious. Would highly recommend for a date or even more fun as an activity with family and/or friends. First NY boat cruise that we have taken (of which there have been many) that included the Harlem and East River as well so it ended up being a new experience for us as well.
Loved it! So much fun!
|krynone||Sat, May 9 1:45 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Totally great experience and so underrateed in NY. More people should do this! loved it.
Awesome experience. Ticket site a bit primitive.
|Rblandy||Sat, May 9 1:45 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Everyone on the cruise was really nice and helpful. Easy to find, easy on and off the boat. Ticket website instills fear about printing ticket, etc etc. After a few frantic minutes trying to bring the image up on my phone in the cab ride to the boat, the ticket taker didn't even scan it. They have your name and don't scan the ticket.
Highly recommend--rain or shine!
|damonmcdouga||Sat, Apr 25 1:45 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
This was an exceptional event. Im from the area and was on a date. In addition the great wine and cheese served the ship circumnavigates the island. It actually goes from the hudson river and goes directly under the bridge connecting west side highway to riverdale. The landscape views were spectacular. Highly recommended!
|rstevenson00||Sat, Feb 14 1:45 PM||Male||70+||Local||Family Without Children|
A wonderful afternoon. Thanks
|alia518||Sat, Sep 13, 14 1:45 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
I wish there was an option to have a private table. We were placed with 2 couples in the later 40's/early 50's, who acted like they were 16...and not that we wanted to be anti social with them, they were just hard to chat with, making our experience a little less unpleasant. Other then that, I though the service was great, the wine was great and the cheese was great!
Good rain or shine activity, more food please
|CarrieMiller||Sat, Sep 13, 14 1:45 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I went with a group of girls for our friend's 30th birthday party. It ended up raining for a good portion of the boat ride but the weather did not affect the trip at all! It was great!
The wine was poured in more than tasting portions which was very generous. The cheese portions were rather small and no other food was provided, other than small bread sections. We had read previous reviews and were VERY happy that we brought our own spread of food. What they provided was not enough for the amount of time on the boat and wine provided.
Just bring your own food to supplement and it will be a great time!
Fun relaxing time!
|BenRKarl||Sat, Jul 26, 14 1:45 PM||Male||20-29||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Loved that we circled Manhattan, got to see some great views and the wine was delicious.
Excellent outing with friends
|dktishbk||Sat, Jun 28, 14 1:45 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
I purchased this event for my wife's birthday and she loved it. I highly recommend this event. I will be booking this event for my wife and I as a couples thing next time so I can enjoy it.
Beautiful way to spend the day
|Dmorellino||Sat, Jun 28, 14 1:45 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
I took my boyfriend for his birthday, it was such a nice way to spend the day. The water was a little choppy in the beginning so I am glad we took Dramamine and that I was wearing Seabands...I would recommend doing this if you tend to have motion sickness like I do. But once we got past the statue of liberty and into upper Manhattan the waters were so calm it was like being on a lake. We are both from NYC so I was hoping it wouldn't be too "touristy"...and to my pleasant surprise it wasn't...at all. That said, I am sure tourists would enjoy it as well. If you are considering doing this, do it! Its a great way to spend the day and a very memorable way to celebrate a special occasion.
- Will we have trained somelliers to lead this event?
- Absolutely! Wendy Crispell has years of experience in wine tastings and food pairings. Read more below for the impressive credentials!
- Who is Wendy Crispell?
- Wendy Crispell is a wine professional who specializes in food pairings and the art of taste. She has successfully completed The Master Class at The Artisanal Cheese Center, Kevin Zralys Windows on the World Wine School, The Deutsche Wine Academy, Bordeaux L'Ecole Du Vin & has received both the Intermediate and Advanced Certificate from The Wine & Spirit Educational Trust with honors.
- Where will the wines we taste come from?
- The tastings will vary from week to week, but we will focus on wines from all over the world! Please select a date/time and click "Buy Tickets" to view the wine regions that will be available on that cruise.
- Will food be served on the cruise?
- Yes. There will be Paired hors d' oeuvres for you to enjoy with each wine. All food and wine are included in the cost of the trip.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- Is there an age minimum on this cruise?
- Since this cruise is focused on tasting alcoholic beverages, all participants must be twenty-one years or older and have a valid government-issued ID to attend.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- We will depart from Chelsea piers and travel south bound on the Hudson River. You will see the World Financial District, Ellis Island, Governors Island, The Statue of Liberty. You will then travel North up the East River seeing the Brooklyn Bridge, and Manhattan Bridge. Saturday afternoon trips in the summer will do a full circumnavigation of the island and are hence 45 minutes longer. While you are cruising you will have a Educational, and Elegant Wine and Food Pairing.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board.There will be five to six different wines that will be tasted each cruise. Complimentary soda, water & juice is available from the bar.
- Are these yachts safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these vessels, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these vessels is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is there a restroom on board?
- Yes! There are two restrooms aboard each boat for your convenience.
- are these vessels handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan and Manhattan II is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, they are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government-issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.