Vidalco invites you to enjoy one of the world's most wonderful hidden treasures - wines from the most prestigious regions of Romania, Italy, France, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, San Marino, Luxembourg and the United States.
Wines which distinguish themselves, divulge
quality, complexity, finesse and which romance the senses. Please join Vidalco to "Discover and Celebrate Wines that Give Charm to the Moment!"
Charleston Sweet Gourmet is owned and operated by Don and Betsy DeLuca. They specialize in local, specialty gourmet foods, wines and confections and will make sure that they provide the freshest and best hors d'oeuvres to be paired with the selection of wines provided by Vidalco. If you enjoy the wines on your cruise, they can be purchased at the Charleston Sweet Gourmet retail store at South Windamere Shopping Center on 36 Windamere Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407.
Experience the wonder of sailing Charleston Harbor on a classic 84 foot tall ship. As we pull away from the dock, help us hoist the sails if you wish, and then sit back and watch the wind fill them, moving the Schooner Pride through the waters of one of the oldest ports in the country.
On this sail you will enjoy:
A delicious tasting of 4-5 wines hand-selected by the Wine Experts at Vidalco Wines. Each wine tasting cruise is unique and all of the delicious wines are sure to please.
- Light hors d'oeuvres provided by local favorite, Charleston Sweet Gourmet. to pair with the wine selections.
- The sight of dolphins playing and racing across the bow and pelicans perform diving acts
- See the impressive Arthur Ravenel Jr. bridge, one of the longest cable stayed bridges in the Western hemisphere.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Beautiful, relaxing and FUN!
|Mroebke||Wed, Oct 22, 14 5:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was a wonderful way to see the Charleston Harbor! It was a very laid back cruise where we sampled wine and enjoyed some light hors d'oeuvres. The crew was friendly and helpful. Watching the sunset over the water was just spectacular! I would highly recommend this tour
nice, but not enough
|andrewtevans||Wed, Oct 22, 14 5:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
for the $$$ i thought there'd be more time, wine and food....we left later than planned and had to return before dark, so it was really a short trip
crew was super nice, boat was great and so was the view...just not convinced it's worth the full price of admission
|123max||Wed, Aug 13, 14 6:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We really enjoyed ourself. Would have helped if the staff would have told us about some of the things in the area.
From Lincoln County North Carolina
|TJP1111||Wed, Jul 9, 14 7:00 PM||Male||40-49||Unspecified||Unspecified|
The crew was very experienced and knowledgeable about the area. The wine was very tasty as well. Highly recommend it. Also was surprised to see the Schooner Pride last night on the episode of "Reckless" filmed in Charleston.
|MohammadQazi||Wed, Jul 9, 14 7:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Everything was great on this cruise. The very few things I noticed that could have been improved were minimal. The wine expert needs to make sure he pronounces the wines correctly. A lot of us noticed his use of "Shiraz" pronouncing it "ShiRAZZZZ." Nothing big, but you want your wine guy to be familiar with the wines he is serving. Apps were a bit basic. We had a wonderful time, though!
|rutsky||Wed, Jun 25, 14 7:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
My husband and I booked this wine tasting sail with light hors d'oeuvres. The captain gave a nice intro speech and we set sail. The person responsible for the wine tasting did not give any information as to who or what he represented, what wines we were going to taste or anything. Eventually he just passed out tastings. We had to ask what each was. As for the light hors d'oeuvres - I'm not sure bags of Dorito chips and jars of salsa count. There were no plates or napkins to even take some chips. There were olives but again - no way to take any back with you to your seat. The lady, like the wine guy, did not speak to what she had for patrons to snack on. At one time she came around with a jar of pecans and a rubber gloved hand and put 2 - 3 three nuts into each person's hand. All in all the sail was terrific. The weather was beautiful. The wine tasting could have been more informative and the hors d'oeuvres could have actually been present. It was not as advertised.
|anniepdes||Wed, Apr 23, 14 6:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
it was nice to get out on the water and meet some other tourists who were in town
Great way to spend an evening
|Aenewell||Fri, Sep 27, 13 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Group of Friends|
Wonderful evening! The crew was superb and the sail was peaceful and delightful. Would love to go again when in Charleston
|Jennyreynold||Fri, Sep 27, 13 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
The staff could not have been more friendlier and the sunset cruise was great ! I will tell all my friends as well go out again. great time was had by all.
Envy fulfill, and Peaceful with some reservations
|Sherlock1952||Wed, Aug 28, 13 6:30 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Couple on a Date|
Overall I thought the cruise was fantastic..nice and peaceful! The wine was good, but the h'orderves were not. The food was at one end of the schooner. It should've been placed in either in the middle, or at both ends. Also, the food didn't thrill me, maybe I expected more. Besides chips and salsa, and shrimp and cocktail sauce there was very, very little else. Would we take the cruise again? Probably Yes, but they definitely need to improve on this aspect. In the write-up it stated the food came from Charleston Sweets. I'm willing to bet it didn't.
- Do I have to book tickets in advance?
- Sails often sell out, so we strongly recommend that you book your tickets in advance, as soon as you’re sure you would like to attend.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded nor rescheduled once purchased.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- We sail by the Battery and Waterfront Park. We sail in the harbor but we go with the wind so sometimes we get closer to The Yorktown or Fort Sumter. Our guests get a good overall view of the harbor and the local wildlife.
- Is food served during the sail?
- There will be light hors d'oeuvres served on this sail.
- Will I get full glasses of wine?
- 4-5 tastings will be included with your ticket. These will not be full glasses, but most people find the amount of wine to be sufficient. There will also be additional wine available for purchase from the bar.
- Can I bring my own drinks aboard?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. During our day-time sails, sodas, water, beer (domestic and imported), and wine are available for purchase on board.
- What should I wear?
- We suggest that you dress comfortably, and weather appropriate. Keep in mind that it is significantly cooler on the water, and so layers are suggested.
- Is the Schooner Pride safe?
- Absolutely, the Schooner Pride is a safe, gentle vessel. Aside from your captain we have several crew members to take care of our guests onboard. We also have life-jackets on board for all of our guests.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Pride is a steady, gentle vessel and it is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooner Pride, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Are any areas of the ship covered?
- While there are no parts of the boat that are air-conditioned, guests are more than welcome to go below deck or stay in the shade of the sails to keep out of the sun.
- Do we always see wildlife on the sail?
- While we do not guarantee seeing wildlife, more often than not we see dolphins, pelicans, and other local wildlife while sailing in the harbor.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a clean restroom that is accessible at all times.
- Is there seating on the boat?
- There is bench style seating available for all aboard the sail.
- Are there any stops along the way?
- No, there are no stops. We will be sailing for the entire 2 hours.
- How fast does the Schooner Pride go?
- It depends on the wind, but it can go up to 10 knots.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is some room below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail up to 1 hour prior to sail time. In the rare event that a sail is cancelled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
- No, the Schooner Pride is not wheelchair accessible. We will do our best to accommodate disabled persons, but there are 5 stairs then a gangplank to cross to board. The "head" is also below deck and you will need to negotiate stairs to use it.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailThePride" link.
- Can I smoke aboard?
- We are proud to be a smoke free / tobacco free environment. Smoking is not permitted on our vessels.
- Are pets allowed onboard?
- Yes, pets are allowed onboard so long as they are kept on a leash or in a carrier.
- What kind of hors d'oeuvres will be served on the sail?
- There will be hand selected wines for each cruise. Each wine tasting cruise will be unique in the wine selection. Thus, the staff at Charleston Sweet Gourmet will use their expertise to provide the most complimentary hors d'oeuvres selections.
Charleston Schooner Pride LLC
We aim to make your experience of sailing on the Pride as enjoyable and thrilling as it is for us. Our captain and experienced and friendly crew are more than willing to do whatever they can to ensure that your sailing experience with us is a pleasurable and relaxing one.