Executive wines invites you to enjoy some of their favorite wines and sample some light hors d'oeuvres from Foodies catering. Each cruise will feature 4-5 wines hand selected by an Executive Wines consultant and shared with you!
Experience the wonder of sailing Charleston Harbor on a classic 84 foot tall ship. As we pull away from the dock, help us hoist the sails if you wish, and then sit back and watch the wind fill them, moving the Schooner Pride through the waters of one of the oldest ports in the country.
On this sail you will enjoy:
A delicious tasting of 4-5 wines hand-selected by the Wine Experts at Executive Wines. Each wine tasting cruise is unique and all of the delicious wines are sure to please.
- Light hors d'oeuvres provided by local favorite, Foodies Catering.
- The sight of dolphins playing and racing across the bow and pelicans perform diving acts
- See the impressive Arthur Ravenel Jr. bridge, one of the longest cable stayed bridges in the Western hemisphere.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Charleston Sunset Wine Tasting Cruise
|Mabrown1||Wed, May 18 6:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Thoroughly enjoyed it! Captain and crew wonderful. Wine and nibbles excellent!
Great Fun, Great wine
|Kerrieob31||Wed, May 18 6:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
we had great fun on the boat, wine was great. :) 10/10
Schooner Sunset Wine Tasting Cruse
|cusickg577||Wed, May 18 6:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The crew members were very polite, informative and friendly. The views were fantastic. It was not overly crowded; there was plenty of space to sit or walk around. The quality of the wine was fair, but the pores were generous.
I would highly recommend this cruise. It was well worth the charge.
So much fun! Great wine! Great staff!!
|Deanna824||Wed, May 4 6:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Had a great time
|clantonl||Wed, May 4 6:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
I enjoyed this evening sail boat wine tasting cruise. The boat was a little crowded though and the snacks were minimal. Next time I'll bring my picnic basket and hope for a more intimate crowd!
|SherylKaz||Wed, Apr 20 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
I have been wanting to sail on a three masted schooner for decades -- this was effectively a childhood dream and I am no where near a child any more. Anyone who anticipates something for so long is nearly always disappointed, but I was not. The captain (a woman) and crew made the trip an amazing experience and since it was also a wine-tasting cruise, I should say that the wines were excellent, as was the food. The group on board was not large, and it was great fun to get to know everyone. One of the other passengers took my photo and it turned out so well it is now my Facebook ID picture. Thanks for an amazing experience!
Beautiful way to enjoy Charleston!
|nscottaxton||Wed, Apr 20 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
From the engaging and courteous ship and wine crews to the beautiful spring evening sail, this was as close to perfect as you can get.
|StEtienne||Wed, Apr 6 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
A cold wind blew and it grew cloudy as our departure time drew near, but it didn't deter my wife and I. We showed up - but there was only one other hardy couple. The Captain and crew stayed on the lookout in hopes that the no-shows would arrive, but departed on time - which I appreciated! The ladies who did the wine presentation were terrific and knowledgable about the wines offered. The accompanying food was delicious. The crew engaged us in conversation and they were full of information about Charleston harbor, shipping and the sailing vessel itself. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and highly recommend it.
|SueHymel||Wed, Oct 28, 15 5:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Charleston. One late afternoon we took the 5:00 wine and food excursion on Schooner Pride and had a wonderful time. The crew was skilled and knowledgeable, and our captain, Sarah, was confident and friendly. Loved the silencing of the motor when we got out into the harbor and the sounds of the wind, the creak of rigging, the flap of sails, and the murmur of conversation. The rainy weather had broken up from previous days and the sunset was beautiful. We were served champagne when we initially boarded and then were able to sample several other wines as we went along. The food was good, too. We would highly recommend Schooner Pride!
|jkoppenhaver||Wed, Oct 14, 15 5:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Group of Friends|
This exceeded our expectations. Upon boarding, they offered glasses of Champagne. The wine kept flowing and was excellent. The Captain was very casual and was available to answer any questions that we had for her. The sunset was beautiful and we will gladly plan another booking on the Charleston Schooner Pride LLC.
- Do I have to book tickets in advance?
- Sails often sell out, so we strongly recommend that you book your tickets in advance, as soon as you’re sure you would like to attend.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded nor rescheduled once purchased.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- We sail by the Battery and Waterfront Park. We sail in the harbor but we go with the wind so sometimes we get closer to The Yorktown or Fort Sumter. Our guests get a good overall view of the harbor and the local wildlife.
- Is food served during the sail?
- There will be light hors d'oeuvres served on this sail.
- Will I get full glasses of wine?
- 4-5 tastings will be included with your ticket. These will not be full glasses, but most people find the amount of wine to be sufficient. There will also be additional wine available for purchase from the bar.
- Can I bring my own drinks aboard?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. During our day-time sails, sodas, water, beer (domestic and imported), and wine are available for purchase on board.
- What should I wear?
- We suggest that you dress comfortably, and weather appropriate. Keep in mind that it is significantly cooler on the water, and so layers are suggested.
- Is the Schooner Pride safe?
- Absolutely, the Schooner Pride is a safe, gentle vessel. Aside from your captain we have several crew members to take care of our guests onboard. We also have life-jackets on board for all of our guests.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Pride is a steady, gentle vessel and it is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooner Pride, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Are any areas of the ship covered?
- While there are no parts of the boat that are air-conditioned, guests are more than welcome to go below deck or stay in the shade of the sails to keep out of the sun.
- Do we always see wildlife on the sail?
- While we do not guarantee seeing wildlife, more often than not we see dolphins, pelicans, and other local wildlife while sailing in the harbor.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a clean restroom that is accessible at all times.
- Is there seating on the boat?
- There is bench style seating available for all aboard the sail.
- Are there any stops along the way?
- No, there are no stops. We will be sailing for the entire 2 hours.
- How fast does the Schooner Pride go?
- It depends on the wind, but it can go up to 10 knots.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is some room below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail up to 1 hour prior to sail time. In the rare event that a sail is cancelled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
- No, the Schooner Pride is not wheelchair accessible. We will do our best to accommodate disabled persons, but there are 5 stairs then a gangplank to cross to board. The "head" is also below deck and you will need to negotiate stairs to use it.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailThePride" link.
- Can I smoke aboard?
- We are proud to be a smoke free / tobacco free environment. Smoking is not permitted on our vessels.
- Are pets allowed onboard?
- Yes, pets are allowed onboard so long as they are kept on a leash or in a carrier.
- What kind of hors d'oeuvres will be served on the sail?
- There will be hand selected wines for each cruise. Each wine tasting cruise will be unique in the wine selection. Thus, the staff at Charleston Sweet Gourmet will use their expertise to provide the most complimentary hors d'oeuvres selections.
Charleston Schooner Pride LLC
We aim to make your experience of sailing on the Pride as enjoyable and thrilling as it is for us. Our captain and experienced and friendly crew are more than willing to do whatever they can to ensure that your sailing experience with us is a pleasurable and relaxing one.