Climb aboard the Palmetto, our 45ft catamaran, versatile enough to venture down secluded creeks and handle the harbor's waters smoothly. With a capacity of only 49 passengers, everyone will experience a personalized atmosphere.
*Please note, if less than 10 people booked on tour smaller boat may be taken out*
Feel the cool breeze of the Charleston Harbor as you hear bone-chilling tales all about:
- The Hanging of Stede Bonnet, “The Gentleman Pirate”
- Tragic deaths and the lost fortunes left behind
- Soldiers and fishermen lost to the dark waves of the Harbor
- Ships that appear as a warning to seafarers
- The Holy City’s long history of bloody wars and devastating storms
Under the cover of darkness, you never know what might be lurking, and after a few ghostly reminders, you won’t feel quite so alone on the peaceful waters.
We’ll make sure you will never see this seaport the same way again!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Amazing tour of the harbor at sunset
|chanlon||Mon, Sep 21 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
I highly recommend this to locals as well as tourists. My friends and I had a great time.
|Jason787||Wed, Sep 16 7:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
The view was incredible! The sunset was amazing! Going under the bridge was awesome too! The ghost/ pirate info was fun!
Nice sunset cruise
|GaryDagnan||Mon, Sep 14 7:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Friendly staff and captain. Beautiful way to see Charleston from the water during sunset. Informative but not as much on haunted stories as sold. No water provided. Have to purchase all drinks or snacks. Take jacket as it gets cool on the water.
|gregrawlins||Sat, Sep 12 8:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Very knowledgeable tour guide with a local background.
Haunted Ghost Tour NOT
|phylliscarpe||Thu, Sep 10 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
was a nice boat trip but was not a Haunted Ghost Tour nothing was haunting and the stories were silly
|solomon442||Mon, Sep 7 7:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
We really enjoyed the cruise. The guides were informative and the scenery was beautiful. Looking forward to the sunset cruise next!
Promised a lot more
|Vnozet||Sat, Sep 5 8:30 PM||Female||Under 20||Local||Other|
Went with my mom and best friend for Labor Day weekend. We were looking for ghost tours and this came up as "one of the best", on the contrary to be exact. The directions were terrible and the girl we called was not helpful. When we got on the boat, first thing he says..."I haven't seen a ghost but I've interviewed about 700 people that have seen one." He probably mentioned about four stories and just kept mentioning his book. We were not impressed and did another one with a different company the next day. He might mean well but we didn't enjoy it.
|CoolBklynMom||Wed, Aug 26 7:00 PM||Female||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
A beautiful evening with a fantastic view was the backdrop for a memorable night of Charleston's history. It's the perfect tour for this climate because the boat does the walking for you.
Very Cool Experience
|jackjen27||Tue, Aug 4 9:15 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great way to see the harbor at night!!! Loved the ghost stories and historical info.
Great date night!
|Bsarah35||Sat, Aug 1 9:15 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
My boyfriend and I loved how knowledgeable and friendly the crew was, and the length of the tour was perfect! We just so happened to have a creepy orange full moon with our tour! The ride was comfortable, the wine was good, and the stories were well told and very descriptive. It was a perfect evening! If you enjoy ghost stories and night boating, GO!
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- You know your children best! Although we do tell a few ghostly stories along the way and the cruise does take place in the dark, we do not enter any haunted places or create an atmosphere that would frighten young children. However, we do ask that you do not bring children ages 3 or younger with you, as the content may frighten infants.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, and cruises often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Why does the schedule only list events running in the next couple of weeks?
- The Sandlapper is a very popular choice for private charter sailing. We therefore only open the boat to public sails a few weeks in advance. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Sandlapper Tours by clicking the "Contact Sandlapper" link. New events and sail times are added quite frequently, especially as the sail date draws near.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 4 and 12, you can purchase a reduced price Child ticket. We ask that you do not bring children ages 3 and younger with you on the cruise, as the content of the tour may frighten infants. If you would like to attend with your infant, check out our other cruises!
- What exactly do we see on the tour?
- On this one of a kind tour, you'll experience a scenic cruise all around the Charleston Harbor and see sites of famous ghost stories and other historically significant landmarks. The cruise takes place in the dark, which adds to the ghostly atmosphere. You'll be able to see the Charleston skyline, churches, and bridges lit up for the night.
- Are drinks or food served on the tour?
- Beer, soft drinks, and bottled water, as well as a full snack bar are available for purchase on board.
- Can I bring my own food or drinks on the tour?
- While you are allowed to bring a sandwich or a small boxed lunch, we ask that you refrain from bringing your own drinks. A full array of beverages and snacks is available for sale on board.
- What happens if it rains?
- Your captain and crew watch the weather forecasts closely and want to ensure your tour is a safe, enjoyable, memorable experience. In the event the current or forecasted conditions get in the way of that happening, requiring us to cancel, we will contact you as soon as possible to join us at another date/time.
- Does the tour include any stops?
- No, we will be on the water, cruising the entire time. If you would like to explore the areas that we pass on the tour, just ask your guide or captain. They'll be happy to point you in the right direction after the cruise.
- Are there restrooms on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- What should I wear?
- We recommend that you dress appropriately for the weather. It can often be a few degrees cooler out on the water in spring and fall. Also flat-soled, closed toed shoes are a good idea.
- Can I stow anything during the tour?
- You can bring any items that you would like to enjoy on the tour, but we do have limited storage space, so please try to keep large items to a minimum. Please keep in mind that while the captain will always be on board, we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items.
- Where does the tour finish?
- Our tour will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Is the Palmetto safe?
- Your safety is our number one priority. The Palmetto is a stable, gentle vessel run by USCG certified Captains. We provide life jackets for every passenger on board and our crew is there to help you in any way.
- Will I get seasick?
- Passengers usually find the Sandlapper to be a very steady vessel. However, you can choose to take something in advance if you're prone to motion sickness.
- Are gift certificates available for the trip?
- Yes! Gift certificates for Sandlapper trips are great for any occasion. To purchase a gift certificate, click on the "Contact Sandlapper" link.
- Can I book a private charter?
- Yes! In addition to our public tours, Sandlapper Tours also offers group and private charters. We can make your wedding party or reception, or birthday party even more memorable with an oyster roast or crab boil on a barrier island. For more information, please click on the "Contact Sandlapper" link.
- Does the Palmetto have handicapped/wheelchair accessibility?
- The Palmetto’s handicapped/wheelchair accessibility is somewhat limited. There are 4-5 wide, sturdy steps to board the Palmetto, but once on board there is plenty of space. Family or friends in your group would just need to provide some assistance with boarding, to account for the steps. If you do have any questions or concerns, please click on the “Contact Sandlapper” link to inquire.
- Are you allowed to bring dogs on the tour?
- No. Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on the boat.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Not suitable for children ages 3 and younger.
- Because this tour takes place in the dark, infants ages 3 and younger are not permitted aboard the cruise.
Sandlapper Tours, Inc.
The goal of Sandlapper Tours is to provide quality, guide narrated tours of the Harbor. Locally owned and operated, Sandlapper is dedicated to outstanding customer service and giving guests the most entertaining and educational experience.