The trails by Lake Grapevine offer a variety of terrain to tackle on your very own Segway x2. Enjoy an exhilarating glide on the trails, through the trees and next to the water. Be one of the first to master the art of gliding in Grapevine, TX!
On this 1 hour Segway Tour you will:
- Begin with a short orientation and recieve personal instruction on your very own X2!
- Hit the trails and get some off-road experience with beautiful Lake Grapevine as your backdrop.
- Visit several scenic stops on the tour and get a chance to explore on your own and see how these Texas Sized Segway x2s roll.
We are happy to provide both helmets and an ice-cold bottle of water for your convenience.
Glide with confidence on the newest, most up-to-date Segway fleet in the area, and the leading Segway Authorized Tours Provider in the Metroplex!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|cherishf||Fri, Feb 13 10:30 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Had fun learning to ride a Segway.
Lots of fun
|KarenHulsey||Sun, Jul 27, 14 9:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
Our guide Victor was the best! He made it very enjoyable.
|Jnohrenberg||Sun, Jun 29, 14 4:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
It was a lot easier than I anticipayed, and we enjoyed it! Wear tennis shoes cuz your feet will get sore. Our guide was great trainer and very friendly
Great time, off road Segways are the best.
|cedarwind||Sun, Jun 15, 14 5:15 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Family With Children|
We had a great time, on fantastic machines, with a great tour guide around the lake.
DO NOT GO!
|Rosey610||Sun, May 11, 14 4:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
I've been on several segway tours in the past and this was by far the worst segway tour experience I have EVER had! I strongly advise you to find a different segway tour through a different company! We were promised an off-roading adventure on one of the new "souped up X2 segways". The ride was anything but souped up! The max speed we were allowed to go was 6 mph, I could run faster than that. When we complained to our tour guide, he told us there was nothing he could do and after us complaining a bit more, he acted completely unprofessional and rude by telling us he would not talk anymore to us. Do not waste your money and go find a better, more professional company to enjoy a segway tour with!
A bit boring
|gwenboyer||Sun, May 11, 14 10:30 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
On the open road, it gets boring when you can only go 6 mph. Yes, I know about insurance liability but they have you sign several lines about them not being liable for most things. Plus, the tour guide needs to ride with off road tires (like us) to show group some fun things to do. If we tried to do some fun things on our own or took a pic, we were left behind, which would have been fine, except it was hard to catch up only going 6 mph. After the first couple of minutes you have the technique down on how to ride a Segway, so need to add some fun stuff after that since you are paying over $70/hr after reservation fee/taxes. I mean it does say Off Road...so expected a bit more fun!
|nenabrooke||Sat, Apr 26, 14 4:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
We had a great time on the tour. The Segways were very easy to handle. We enjoyed going off road and the free time. We wish that it was longer than an hour.
|1Chelsea||Sun, Oct 20, 13 9:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Omar was a great instructor! He was very patient with the entire group seeing that none of us had ridden a Segway before. With Omar's clean and precise instructions; we were all rolling in no time! The tour was amazing and the lake looked so beautiful. He even took pictures of us with a nice scenic background!
We had a blast, my husband and I will definitely do it again!
Grapevine Lake Segway tour . . . just OK
|kctxucop08||Sun, Mar 24, 13 4:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
So my husband is kinda into segways. This is our third segway tour in
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?
- Purchasing tickets in advance is required, in order to guarantee your spot on the tour. To maximize your chance of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. You can do this online or over the phone using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What is a Segway?
- A Segway Personal Transporter (PT), or Segway as it is more commonly known is the first self balancing, electric powered, personal transportation device that is designed to go anywhere a person can go but only on two wheels.
- Who can ride a Segway?
- EVERYONE!!! ...Well, everyone except those under the age of 14, pregnant women, and anyone under 100 pounds or over 275 pounds. Sorry for the inconvenience but these constraints are due to both insurance regulations as well as the parameters of the Segway machines themselves.
- I have teenagers in my group, can they come on the tour?
- Children 14 and older are allowed to participate in the tours, but please note all tour guests under the age of 16 are required to have a parent/guardian present throughout the duration of the tour. Participants who are 16 and 17 years old do not need a parent to participate with them on the tour, but must have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- Is it hard to learn how to ride a Segway?
- In our experience, on average most people learn to ride a Segway in about ten minutes, but don't worry if you don't fall into that category. All guests are required to participate in a short training session before the tour and our staff will be with you every step of the way to ensure your mastery of the Segway riding experience. The Segway is designed to use accelerometers, gyros and sensors to make one hundred adjustments a second to keep you upright. So unless you're planning on attempting a double backflip off a ramp you shouldn't have any problems.
- How much time of the tour is actually spent on a Segway?
- The entire experience lasts 1 hour. Each tour starts off with a short training session and then guests spend the remainder of the hour on the tour, so we'll be on the Segway for most of the time.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- Do I have to wear a helmet?
- Yes, all participants are required to wear a helmet. One will be provided to you free of charge. You can also buy a never worn helmet during the purchase process that will be yours to keep.
- What happens in bad weather?
- Excluding extreme weather conditions, tours will run as scheduled -- rain or shine. We provide ponchos on the off-chance of rain, and the X2s are equipped with off-road tires in case of mud or snow. (Extreme weather is weather deemed by the Segway tour leader as hazardous to tour participants or the Segway units).
- How big can my group be?
- We can accommodate groups as large as 10 people on our public tours. However, if you have a larger group, special arrangements can be made if scheduled in advance. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss whether this is possible.
- Will we stop to take photos?
- It's totally up to you. We'd be happy to take pictures of your group on the Segway or you can get off to take your own pictures. We do have a lot of ground to cover, so time to take photos will be limited to make sure we can finish the tour on time.
- Are there restroom breaks on the tour?
- Yes! There are multiple opportunities for restroom breaks along the tour. Please let us know if there is an emergency and we will do our best to accommodate.
- I have family members who only speak Spanish. Are there bilingual tours?
- Yes. We have a full-time Spanish translator on staff. However, keep in mind that non-English speaking guests will still enjoy the experience riding a Segway and the beautiful scenery in the gardens. Please include a "Message to Seller" when purchasing your tickets to let us know if anyone in your group speaks Spanish.
- What type of shoes should I wear?
- Guests should wear comfortable, flat-soled close-toe shoes. Open-toe shoes and flip flops are not allowed.
- Do Segways have the ability to store bags, purses?
- The Segway has a small pouch in which small personal items and purses will fit. Larger bags and items will need to be stored inside your personal vehicle.
- Is there parking?
- Yes. There is free parking available at the meeting location.
- It's a special occasion for someone in our group. Can we do something extra?
- Yes. For those celebrating a special event, we offer chocolate covered strawberries for that special someone. These can be purchased along with your tickets for an additional charge. We also offer a first hand video package, so you'll always have access to first-hand memories of your special experience.
- Do you buy used Segways?
- Yes. We buy all things Segway including Generation 1 or 2 Segways and accessories. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. To purchase one or get more information, please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link.
- Can I arrange for a corporate or business event?
- Yes, private tour or private Segway rentals for business events can be arranged according to your company's needs. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to inquire about setting something up.
- Can I rent a Segway?
- Yes. We have hourly, daily and weekly rentals. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss doing a private rental instead of a tour.
- Are there private tours?
- Yes. Private tours are encouraged, and there is a higher degree of personalization thus enhancing your tour experience. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must meet age, weight and ability requirements
- All Segway riders must be age 14 or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Each rider must weigh at least 100 pounds and no more than 275 pounds. Riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided at no additional charge.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway Fort Worth & Segway Grapevine
Founded in 2012 by Daniel Dase, the Segway Experience Center Grapevine offers unique tours of the city's most interesting attractions. After completing his History degree at Texas Christian University, Daniel wanted to share his love of the city in a fun and exciting way! Utilizing state-of-the-art Segway Personal Transporters, our team will tell you all about Grapevine and bring a new vigor to the Grapevine experience.