Treat yourself to the ultimate New York celebrity experience on the TMZ Tour New York! Explore the streets of New York City and see the places celebs go to party, play and get in trouble. Visit the hotspots where you can mingle with the stars.
This one-of-a-kind “show on wheels” is produced by the same team behind The TMZ Hollywood Tour, TMZ.COM, and TMZ on TV. On this 2.5-hour tour, you'll get hilarious videos, secrets we've never revealed on the TV show or website, and play fun games with chances to win free stuff! We're doing it all on a custom-designed, 52-passenger bus with a state-of-the-art audio/video system, and our hilarious TMZ tour guides. Experience New York: TMZ Style!
TMZ Tour New York highlights:
- Tours feature hilarious tour guides with everything you want to know about TMZ, celebrities and the latest gossip on all the stars and their adventures in NYC.
- See all the hottest spots in New York City – Uptown Manhattan, SoHo, Tribeca, Meat Packing District, Greenwich Village -- everywhere celebrities go to party, play and get into trouble.
- Hop off the bus in Soho to explore the celebrity-packed neighborhood with the guidance of a special TMZ map.
- Hear inside information and never before revealed details about your favorite celebrities and the stories that TMZ made famous.
- Enjoy a comfortable, enclosed, state-of-the-art bus with large screen video monitors and high-tech audio/video system featuring hysterical material created by the producers of TMZ.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Good way to get out of the cold for awhile
|Mjlamb||Sun, Mar 1 1:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Our tour guide was Ricky. He was good. We unfortunately did not see any celebrities during our tour. We just saw places celebrities live in, died in or partied at. We did the tour on a Sunday afternoon and I was surprised at how empty the bus was. The weather was bad that day so it was a good way to spend a couple of hours out of the cold. Props to the bus driver for driving in the bad weather and traffic. Oh, and the cupcake was an added bonus! They let you out to walk around a bit in SOHO. The weather was bad so we didn't see much. Would have preferred the tour just keep going rather than stop. A few people got free t-shirts for answering trivia questions.
nice way to experience nyc hot spots
|Maiya222||Sun, Mar 1 1:00 PM||Female||Under 20||Local||Other|
we had a great time on the tour despite the snow coming down around us. it was really cool seeing where celebrities hang out & live. the only downside was that there were no celebrity sightings and we didn't get to visit the TMZ studio. the guide was funny and enthusiastic. he was also very knowledgeable about entertainment facts. we even got free treats. i would recommend this tour to everyone.
Even better than anticipated!
|Alexklevine||Sat, Feb 28 1:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Going in to this tour, my expectations were moderately high.TMZ seems like they have their ish together. Then again, I worried that maybe this was a celebrity-themed tour bus licensing the TMZ brand but not closely affiliated with Harvey and the team. Au contraire. I had seen our guide on the show before! To supplement our tour guide, there were TMZ videos. E.g. As we passed the hotel where Solange and Jay Z had their elevator incident, the security footage played on the bus TVs. The tour guide was super friendly and handled a VERY vocal front row tween like a boss. The sites we visited were very relevant today, it was not a script made a year ago that they stick to. Way to go TMZ! I'll definitely recommend this tour to friends in the future.
|Tarynmcd||Fri, Feb 27 1:00 PM||Female||20-29||Unspecified||Group of Friends|
The tour was average. I wouldn't spend the money on it Again or suggest it
To friends. I'd suggest taking the New York sightseeing bus instead which is cheaper and still has the possibility of seeing celebrities.
The driver was great and the "tour guide" was a bit much. Lots of comments about himself and what he's trying to accomplish in life rather than the tour.
Not worth the money! Really wish I hadn't booked the your. Found it also annoying that the guide expected tips at the end after I had paid a small fortune for the tour!
This tour is amazing! It is a NYC must do!
|plb5241||Thu, Feb 26 1:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Ricky was an amazing tour guide. It was a great tour to see and experience the neighborhoods in and around mid-town Manhattan. We enjoyed the TMZ clips throughout the tour which made the time fly by. It was great to be able to have our own seat in the non-peak times for tours. Sit on the left side as that is where most of the action is. Best tour I have been on. Very much enjoyed everything!
A lot of talk but little action
|michealbeck||Tue, Feb 24 1:00 PM||Male||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
We saw no celebrities on tour ( of course we didn't ecpect to ) .... It was just a bunch of riding in a tour bus watching quirky tmz vids on little tv screens in bus and the tour guide ( he was funny and very friendly ) point out restaurants and places celebs attend .... So that's cool if you plan on going back and being a stalkerazzi of celebs . It was nice to drive through some of the neighborhoods in lower Manhattan that you normally don't get to do with whole " tourist " thing .
|Lawdiggs||Tue, Feb 24 1:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Rob was a great guide! Will take your again
A good laugh
|sdavies24||Mon, Feb 23 1:00 PM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Really enjoyed it. I can't remember the girls name but she did say she was the only girl who dies the New York tour. She was full of energy and made the tour great! The clips were funny also. Loved it! We have also done the New York movie and TV tour and we thought this was a million times better and more fun!!!! Loved it, 5 stars from us.
Living in England we were not sure what TMZ was but still loved it!
Steven & Bekii from England, DUDLEY! Would recommend to anyone.
Not what we ecpected at all
|Montero1234||Sat, Feb 21 1:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Tour guide not funny or informative. Took us to most places that celebrities no longer live. Stopped for 30 minutes in middle of tour served no purpose. Bus ride was miserable. One group member fell asleep she was so bored. Waste of money and would like a refund.
Not what we expected
|Montero1234||Sat, Feb 21 1:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We all loveTMZ and were really looking forward to the adventure. Bus ride made us sick to our stomach. Tour guide was not funny nor informative. We just drove around for over 3 hours and looked at boring building where most celebs lived but now moved. No need to stop and give a 30inute break. Served no purpose. One of our group members fell asleep she was so bored. TOTAL waste of money. Very disappointed!
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No. The TMZ Tour does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- How long is the tour?
- The tour is approximately 2.5 hours long. Please be advised the tour may run slightly longer due to traffic or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Will I see a celebrity on this tour?
- We will definitely be on the look out for celebrities and will let you know if we see one. The tour covers most of the places in New York where celebrities like to hang out, shop and eat. We also take you to the neighborhoods where celebrities live. However, we cannot guarantee you will see a celebrity on your tour.
- Are the videos that are played on the tour re-runs of the TMZ TV show?
- Absolutely not. All of the video packages played along the tour route were created specifically for the TMZ Tour New York and are not re-runs of the TV show.
- Is there a guide on the tour or do we just watch videos?
- Yes, each tour has a TMZ Tour Guide. Each guide has all of the inside information you want to know about your favorite celebrities and the places they like to go. Along the route, your TMZ Guide will tell stories, play games, and interact with passengers while using video created by the team at TMZ to help give you the history of each location. We also let you know how TMZ broke some of the biggest stories in celebrity news, and what it’s like to be on the cusp of “breaking news.” This tour is unlike any tour you've ever been on.
- Is Harvey Levin the tour guide?
- No, Harvey is not a tour guide. However, he does appear in many of the videos seen on the bus.
- Are there games or prizes on the TMZ Tour?
- Yes! Throughout the tour, your TMZ guide will announce special games and let you know when there are chances for you to answer a question correctly and win a special edition TMZ Tour New York T-shirt.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- All ages are welcome. Though some of the tour content can be a bit racy and contains adult language/adult situations, most times it is over the head of young children. If you are familiar with the TMZ television show, you know our sense of humor. Please use your own judgment.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing children?
- For children ages 11 and under, a Child ticket can be purchased. However, anyone 12 years old and over will need to purchase an Adult ticket.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact us at TMZ tour directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click on the “Contact TMZTour” link on the left of the page. We are committed to providing accessible tours to persons with disabilities and are able to provide accessible vehicles for passengers with mobility impairments. Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle is strongly recommended at least 24 hours in advance so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it. Please note buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends near the pick-up location at 51st Street and 6th Avenue.
- Are there any stops along the tour?
- Yes! The TMZ Tour NYC stops in SoHo so tour-goers can explore the celebrity-packed neighborhood with the guidance of a special TMZ map.
- What locations do we visit?
- The TMZ Tour takes you everywhere your favorite celebrities go. We take you to where they eat, where they hang out, where they party, and where they get in trouble. All of the locations we take you to are the places TMZ photographers regularly go to photograph celebrities and get the interviews you see on TMZ. Don’t be surprised if we happen to come across one during your tour. We can’t guarantee it, but it does happen because we go where they go.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour?
- Yes. If you are looking for the best New York celebrity hangouts, restaurants and night clubs, this is for you. We will also be visiting famous celebrity neighborhoods such as Greenwich Village, Chelsea, SoHo and the East Village. Many people find the tour a great guide to the best places in New York to see and be seen with celebrities.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- While food and drinks are not included in the cost of the tour, please feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat, and be sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour.
- Can I bring alcohol on the bus?
- No, alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a comfortable, closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Yes. Buses are equipped with on-board restrooms that can be used anytime during the tour.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party who want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive at least 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Can I buy TMZ tour merchandise?
- Absolutely! While we do not sell merchandise on the tour bus, please feel free to check-out everything we have to offer at our store, www.TMZSTORE.com. However, the special “TMZ Tour” T-shirts that are awarded to guests who play games on the tour, are not sold on the store website. They are exclusive prizes on the tour only!
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, but since so much of the tour is visual, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. Feel free to take as many pictures of the different locations on the tour as you would like. However, PLEASE NOTE: photography and filming of any of the content on the video screens is strictly prohibited.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the TMZ Tour New York and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem. When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private charter tours are available, which are especially great for birthdays, groups and other special occasions! If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact the TMZ Tour by clicking on the “Contact TMZTour” link on the left side of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
- TMZ and On Location may record you in conjunction with the Tour
- And air that footage on TV, Web or other media. Who knows, it might even make you a star! By purchasing your ticket, you are releasing On Location, TMZ, as well as their employees and affiliates, from any liability for filming you in conjunction with the Tour, and from using your voice and likeness in all media for all purposes in perpetuity.
TMZ & On Location Tours
Hot off the heels of the groundbreaking TMZ Hollywood Tour, comes the TMZ Tour NYC. Produced by the same creative team behind TMZ.COM and TMZ on TV, this unique “Show on Wheels” brings the attitude, fun and celebrity stories covered on TMZ to life.
The TMZ Tour NYC is partnered with On Location Tours, one the world’s largest TV and movie tour companies with tours in both New York City and Boston.