You'll be drawn closer into the world of Frank Lloyd Wright on our most popular tour, the 90-Minute Insights Tour. The highlights of this tour include special trips into the Wrights' living quarters and the gracious Taliesin West living room known as the “Garden Room.”
The living quarters include the private bedrooms of Frank Lloyd Wright and his wife as well as the living room, which was the social gathering place of the home. Visitors will feel the beauty and peace of the spaces in which Frank Lloyd Wright welcomed the many famous guests he entertained at his desert home.
In addition, this tour also includes all the elements of the Panorama Tour which focuses on Wright's amazing ability to integrate indoor and outdoor spaces. We'll visit areas such as the:
- Cabaret Theater
- Music Pavilion
- Seminar Theater
- Wright's private office
For a limited time a visit to the 180,000 piece LEGO model of Taliesin West is included on this tour! Not available March 9-11.
Tuesday and Wednesday are discount days and prices on these days have already been adjusted.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Awful tour booking experince
|Jeffkeighley||Sun, May 3 2:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Other|
Arriving from overseas, with a visit here a high priority, finding Taliesin West was not easy as the signage is poor. On arrival we were met by a very unhelpful man at the desk who told us we could only book a tour on line! We don't have Internet phones and explained our difficulty, to be met with indifference - that was the system, shrug. We had to leave the site, head to the local Macdonalds for free wifi and book via iPad for a tour later in the day. How unwelcoming and exclusive! Such a shame as the tour was fabulous, with a knowledgeable guide who answered questions fully and really made the whole place come alive. The architecture and concepts were so interesting but we still remember the poor system for booking a tour when we had no idea before arrival that this was in operation
|craatz||Sun, May 3 1:00 PM||Female||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Our guide had lots of personal stories and history to share.
loved the tour, guide not as much
|KroghNorway||Sun, May 3 9:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
Guide was long winded sometimes too much detail or off topic. Tour lasted 45 minutes longer than given time., which may have been OK with more interesting guide. That said the house was what I came yo see and I enjoyedvit very much.
|karenljcarr||Sat, May 2 2:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Tour guide was very knowledgeable and the house itself fascinating. Tour touched on a lot even though it was too much for 1 visit.
|JanGaudutis||Sat, May 2 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Family Without Children|
Easy to navigate, timely response will use Zerve again.
Loved it and so did my friends
|JanRoberts1||Sat, May 2 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
We will probably do the night tour in the future. Our guide was great and answered all questions with informative and fun answers.
The Zerve ticket purchasing process is terrible
|WolfJonathan||Sat, May 2 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Tour was great. The Zerve ticket purchasing process is terrible.
Just to purchase a pair of tickets I had to come up with a unique username.
Email address is not excepted as a user name!
Password had to have at least eight characters!
All I wanted to do was buy two tickets – the purchase process took almost 15 minutes.
Awful online experience!
|Bobrussell||Fri, May 1 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Glad we came
|tasullivan||Fri, May 1 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Guide was informative and funny! Talisein West was a home and visitors were treated like guests, you sat down in the home's living room and "cabaret," experiencing a little of what it was actually like to live in the home in Frank Lloyd Wright's day.
Amazing tour of amazing site with amazing guide.
|JRButts||Thu, Apr 30 3:00 PM||Unspecified||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The grounds are fantastic, and the tour is great. Our experience was enhanced by having a fantastic guide who was both knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her subject. Her name was Linda and she is a real addition to the tour.
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended, as space is limited per tour. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Why are the ticket prices different on certain days?
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are our Discount Days and the ticket price has already been adjusted on these days. Keep in mind that all adults ages 13 and up are the same price on these days. Discounts can still be applied for Frank Lloyd Wright Association members by calling Zerve at (888) 516-0811. There is also a discount for those who take the Desert Walk tour on the same day. Check out the Combo tour for more information.
- What is the main difference between the flagship tours? Which one should I take?
- Our three flagship tours vary by duration and sights seen. The 90-minute Insights Tour is our most popular tour and is offered the most often. If you are looking for a more in-depth tour, consider the 3-hour Behind the Scenes Tour which includes everything on the Insights Tour and more, including guest speakers. However, if you are short on time, consider taking the Panorama Tour, which is 1-hour long and includes many highlights of the property but does not include the personal living quarters. In addition to our three year-round tours, we also offer a number of seasonal tours as well that explore other areas of Taliesin West.
- Are there any age limits? Can we bring our kids?
- Yes, children can attend the tour, however, please note that younger children may not fully understand the content and get much out of it. As parents, you should use your best judgement as to whether your child will enjoy the tour. We do offer a reduced price Youth ticket for ages 4-12 and infants and toddlers under 4 years old can come for free.
- What about bad weather?
- Taliesin West was built to be a part of its surroundings, therefore the tour is a combination of viewing interior spaces that are connected by outdoor walkways. The tour will run in moderate weather, but may be cancelled in the case of severe weather. You will be notified if the tour is cancelled and will be allowed to reschedule your tickets or receive credit for a future event.
- Can we explore Taliesin West on our own or do we need to take a tour?
- All tours of Taliesin West are guided and guests are not allowed to explore on their own. Admission to the bookstore is free of charge but guests must have tour tickets to view the remainder of the property.
- How do I receive the Desert Walk combo discount?
- A combo discount is offered if you take the Desert Walk and the Insights Tour on the same day. These discounted tickets are available through the "Insights Tour & Desert Walk Combo Tour" activity. For more information about this tour, click on the link to the left.
- How much walking or standing will there be? Will I be able to sit down?
- Over the course of the tour, guests will walk about a block through the house at a casual pace. Guests will also have the opportunity to sit down in each room.
- Is Taliesin West handicap and stroller accessible?
- Taliesin West is a National Historic Landmark built between 1937 and 1959. As such, it was not designed or built to contemporary accessibility standards. The pathway for tours are not all paved and include gravel walkways, uneven steps and stairs. Narrow, steep-sloped ramps over steps are available for guests to use at their own discretion throughout the tour. Ramps are 26” in width with slopes ranging from 21 to 27 degrees. If bringing young kids or infants, we recommend a stroller that has larger wheels or a baby bjorn style carrier.
- Do you allow photography?
- Guests are welcome to take photos for their personal use. There are a few areas where we do not allow photography, but your tour guide will alert you to these areas during the tour. If you are looking to use photos in a professional capacity, please contact us prior to purchasing your tickets by clicking on the "Contact TaliesinWest" link to make arrangements.
- Is Taliesin West open all year round?
- Yes, we operate tours throughout the entire year. The Insights Tour runs all year round, however, not all tours are offered throughout the entire year. Please be sure to check our "Calendar of Other Activities" for the exact tour schedule on the day you plan to visit.
- Do you have a gift shop?
- Yes, Anneliese's Bookstore is located next to the main parking lot and stocks the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright Collection® products and books. Admission to the bookstore is free of charge and its regular hours of operation are 8:30am to 6:00pm.
- What should I wear? What should I bring?
- We suggest guests wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Since a portion of the tour takes place outside, be prepared for the day's weather and note there are gravel walkways that connect the buildings, so please be sure to wear appropriate shoes. We also recommend bringing a bottle of water and an umbrella. While we have a limited number of umbrellas available for guests, they can come in handy both on rainy and sunny days in the desert.
- Are food and drinks available for purchase?
- While we have a soda machine outside the bookstore, we don't have food available for purchase. We do not recommend bringing outside food or drink on your tour, unless you'd like to bring a bottle of water, therefore we suggest grabbing something to eat either before or after your tour.
- Is there parking available?
- Yes, there is a free parking lot for all guests.
- Are pets allowed to come?
- No, other than certified service dogs, pets are not permitted.
- What about guests with special needs?
- Guests with special needs who are interested in visiting us but choose not to take the walking tour may request an Interpretive Guide and view a video on the history of Taliesin West while on site. Visually and hearing impaired guests who wish to bring someone to provide assistance on the tour such as a sign language interpreter may do so and the person providing assistance will not be charged admission.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you allow private parties or events?
- Spacious Taliesin West is well suited for hosting exclusive corporate receptions and dinners. Groups ranging in size from 20 to 120 have experienced memorable evenings at Taliesin West using the many indoor and outdoor spaces. For more information about setting up a private event, please click on the "Contact TaliesinWest" link to get in touch with our staff.
- Do you offer large group tours?
- Yes, group tours are available and tours can be custom designed for prearranged groups of 15 or more. Please click on the "Contact TaliesinWest" link to discuss.
- Can we do a private tour?
- With advance notice (seven day notice preferred), individuals with very small groups may schedule a tour by an architect or personal guide. Please click on the "Contact TaliesinWest" link to discuss pricing and reservations.
Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West
Just minutes from downtown Scottsdale, Taliesin West is Frank Lloyd Wright’s desert masterpiece. In 1937, Wright and his apprentices built an architectural wonder out of the stone and sand that surrounded them in the Sonoran desert on the foothills of the McDowell Mountains. Many of those apprentices (“the Fellowship”) who worked and lived alongside Mr. Wright still live at Taliesin West, as do the current students and faculty of the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture -- making Taliesin West an ongoing, vibrant community.
The Taliesin West experience is both immersive and powerful. Guests are fully welcomed into every room and space—nothing on the tour is behind ropes or under glass. The tours, which include such attractions as the Cabaret Theater, Music Pavilion, Garden Room, Desert Shelters, and Mr. Wright’s living quarters and private office, are filled with surprise, majestic views, and intimate interior details. Each tour inspires visitors with the innovative principles, beautiful creations, technological experiments, and unparalleled body of work of Frank Lloyd Wright. As a result, guests find the Taliesin West tour experience delightfully engaging and deeply relevant. While photos and descriptions may give you a hint of what’s in store, there is no substitute for experiencing it first-hand.
Come to Taliesin West and be inspired.