Do you believe in ghosts and creature of the night? Whether your answer is yes or no, almost everyone enjoys a ghost story or an inexplicable tale of the unusual.
On this 1½ hour, family-friendly walking tour, you will:
- See the site of the Capitol Phantoms
- Hear stories of the Peg-legged ghost
- Sneak a peak of the Yarborough House ghosts
- Visit the Raleigh City Cemetery
- And end the tour at at Moore’s Square, one of Raleigh’s two remaining green spaces/parks established in 1792.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Nice new way to hear about Raleigh
|tnkeefer||Fri, Aug 21 7:30 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We enjoyed the tour. Learned some history and interesting facts about Raleigh... including some of the "quieter" citizens. Thanks!
Good Information, not scary
|Alces222||Sat, Aug 8 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
The tour guide was informative and knew her stuff. She had a rough time with background noise and got drowned out a bunch of times.
History tour with some ghost stories thrown in.
|celesteglvr||Sat, Aug 1 7:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Family With Children|
Blair was a wonderful, funny guide. She told us many interesting historical and some scary facts about downtown Raleigh. Don't worry about the drink or restroom situation. Blair will make a stop if you need it.
Not Spooky Enough
|JoeBenham||Sat, Aug 1 7:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
The tour guide was very knowledgeable about Raleigh and its history, but the tour itself didn't take the tourists to get into buildings and areas where paranormal activity is frequently reported so allow for personal experiences. This was a great way to see downtown Raleigh though.
Fun for the family
|ilysehope||Sat, Jul 25 7:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Paranormal activity is intriguing. ..need a little peep in the stories..I found myself left very open ended. I would recommend as thetour quide was outstanding
|WBWilson||Sat, Jul 11 7:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We were impressed with the story telling Brad did and thought ending the tour in the cemetery was prefect!
Fun and imformative!
|Lisetteg||Sat, Jul 11 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My husband and I decided to explore the Raleigh area, and this tour hit the spot. Fun ghost stories, mixed with a bit of history rolled together with humor. Good times!
Great guide, awesome history.
|Lacey4Esmo||Sat, Jun 20 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Loved the amount of history given and it had the ghost mystery part too.
Will do it again in the future with more friends.
Tobacco Road Tours responded:
We are so glad you enjoyed the Raleigh Haunted Footsteps tour. We thank you for sharing your comments with us. Our guides work hard to make sure to deliver a fun mix of ghost and history stories on this tour. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your experience so much that you will be coming back and bringing friends. You may want to try our Durham Dark & Mysterious Walk or our Raleigh or Durham Haunted Pub Crawl. All are great tours to enjoy with friends.
Waste of time and money
|Wgjohnson||Sat, Jun 13 7:30 PM||Unspecified||Under 20||Combination||Family With Children|
Very long boring walk with un-interesting stories along the way.
Tobacco Road Tours responded:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We at TRT work hard to make sure our customers have a wonderful experience on every tour. We consistently rate 4.1 to 4.5 out of 5 starts each year on a number of review sites, not just Zerve as well as compliments about the haunted stories and history we share and the excellence of our guides. The Haunted Footsteps tour is a walking tour and not intended to scare participants since families with children attend each week. We offer a number of tours that require less walking such as our city guides tours. We look forward to having you participate on a future TRT tour.
Great fun for the family
|mrsheymom||Sat, Jun 6 7:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We enjoyed learning about the history of each place. Our tour guide was great and my whole family had a fun time. The ghost stories weren't too scary for my 12 and 8 year olds but the walk through the old dark cemetery was a little scary for them.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Is the tour suitable for children? What type of ticket should I purchase for a very young child?
- The tour is appropriate for kids of all ages, but please note that this is a 1 ½ hour haunted tour, so you will want to keep your child's attention span in mind. Children ages 8 to 14 will have a reduced-price ticket. Children under 8 can attend free of charge and do not need a ticket.
- Do we go inside any buildings?
- We do not go inside any of the buildings we see on the tour. However, you may be able to return and explore your favorite locations at another time!
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- No, our tour ends at Moore Square, just a couple blocks from the meeting location.
- How far do we walk on the tour? What is the pace?
- We will walk about a mile at a leisurely pace.
- What about inclement weather?
- Tours will run rain or shine. We ask that you check the weather forecast and dress accordingly if inclement weather is predicted. You are welcome to bring your own umbrella if needed.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Bathrooms will not be available during the tour. Please plan to use facilities beforehand.
- Will locals enjoy the tour as well or is it mostly for tourists?
- Absolutely! While you may be familiar with our route and some of the stops, you will also have the opportunity to discover new things about North Carolina's capitol city! Additionally, this tour is an excellent way to entertain out-of-town guests, entertain a youth group or encourage professional team building.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, at the moment we can only offer tours in English, but you are welcome to arrange for an interpreter. Please note that if you are accompanied by an interpreter, they will need a full priced ticket.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks along the way? Can I bring my own?
- While no other food or drinks are included in the ticket price, feel free to eat beforehand or pack light snacks and drinks. Food and drinks will not be available for purchase along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are permitted and we encourage you to take photos!
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are not included in the ticket price. While not required, tips are accepted and always appreciated by the tour guides.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes, the tour is both wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- There is a parking garage that we suggest very close to the meeting location. Specific parking directions will be included in the meeting location details after purchasing tickets.
- Can we shop during the tour?
- It is important that we stay on schedule, so please refrain from shopping during the tour.
- Are dogs/pets allowed on the tour?
- Yes, dogs and other small pets are allowed on the tour.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- No, smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for purchase and make great gifts for family and friends. If you have any questions about purchasing or redeeming gift certificates, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left side of this page.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, a private tour option is available! You pick the date and time for your special occasion or group as we work around your schedule. To inquire about booking a private tour, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Pictures and video may be taken during the tour.
- During the tour, your guide may take pictures and video that we may later use on our website or for marketing or social media purposes. Please let your guide know at the beginning of your tour if you do not wish to be included in any pictures or videos.
Tobacco Road Tours
As the Triangle area’s only full service tour operator, including event & meeting planning, group tours and daily professionally guided motorized and walking tours, Tobacco Road Tours has a commitment to sharing the traditions from North Carolinians before us, which inspires the creation for each of our tours. Whether you are traveling with us through historic Durham or Raleigh, or exploring the area's history on one of our tours, North Carolina’s Piedmont region provides an adventure that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Along with our dedication to sharing what North Carolina’s Piedmont region has to offer, we are committed to our values. Caring for our guests is always our number one priority. We make sure that our tours meet and exceed your expectations by offering quality tours packed with interesting history, fun facts, and an experience you will never forget.
Every tour is an extravaganza, complete with laughter, time honored stories and FUN. Grab a group of friends and join us!