Home to the Capital Phantoms, the Peg-legged ghost, Yarborough Hotel Ghosts, Moore’s Square, and more, listen to the tales that make Raleigh’s creepy past spring to life! Visit 4 ghost and paranormal sites between stops at 4 bars on this 2½ hour haunted pub crawl!
Indulge in a specialty drink-a Raleigh Historical beverage- made especially for TRT guests! Created from over a 240 year old recipe, this delicious Bourbon is soaked in fresh cherries (w/the pits); mulling spices then fermented over four months.
Afterwards, stay a bit longer at Raleigh’s first Irish Pub, dance the night away listening to one of the city’s finest DJs –don’t forget to try some of the food that has made this place a legend!
Whether you’re visiting, or a local looking for a night out on the town, this haunted pub crawl is sure to expose you to a new, exciting side of Raleigh!
What Is Not Included?
- Food and drink are not included, but we encourage you to arrive early and have a bite at our meeting location restaurant. They're known for their delicious food!
- Please note gratuity is not included in the ticket price. While not mandatory, our guides appreciate gratuities or tips where earned.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|myoung3312||Sat, May 16 7:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
So, Raleigh is clearly not as haunted as many other cities where you can hardly swing a cat without hitting an allegedly haunted location. The sites we toured were a former hotel (now office buildings), a residence, and the state capitol. The guide was excellent and told the stories very well (my daughter and I both got chills). The bars were okay...the first place was just so-so, the 80s bar was kitschy but fun, third bar we really liked, and last bar was pretty cool, too. What I liked about this tour was that because we are new arrivals to the community, it introduced us to some places and bars that we will probably go back and check out. We also met some nice people. I thought it was a fun tour, though if you've been to one of these in New Orleans or Wilmington or elsewhere, you may be disappointed.
|annemoell||Sat, Mar 14 7:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Enjoyed our tour. Brad was very knowledgeable and fun. WoUld recommend to my friends.
|Senji63||Sat, Mar 14 7:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I have been on ghost tours and have enjoyed them. Going on the pub crawl added the stops to catch or breathes and quench our thirst. What the pub stops really did was introduced us to some nice places to hang out and
Emy was a great tour guide! Would highly recomm
|sasdau||Sat, Jan 24 7:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
This was my second Ghost Tour and Pub Crawl with Tobacco Road Tours and it truly is a lot of fun..especially for a group of ladies from the ages of 40 to 55 like we all are:) There were 8 of us and we only get to see each other once a year so we chose this tour. Was so much fun! It was super COLD outside, so we may choose to do this again in the spring or summer! Just wish the one establishment that had advertised the Haunted Ghost Tour beverage (Cherry Crush or something like that?) was able to keep true on what they had advertised. We were told they were no longer able to supply that beverage as part of the tour. I would like to see the pub crawl offer some appetizers at the various pubs you visit along with the beverage of your choice. For example, charge more for the tour itself, but include a few appetizers as part of the "package" along the way. Just a suggestion! Overall.....our tour guide was awesome! Would for sure do this again and we will! Everyone in our group had a blast! Was not sure about the policy for tipping either and not sure everyone in our group did that -----so would like to see the policy for tipping the tour guides spelled out somewhere in the fine print!
Interesting and fun way to see learn about Raleigh
|JKuhnle||Sat, Jan 17 7:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The tour and pub crawl was very chill and fun. We moved at a reasonable pace to conserve time, and it was still very interesting and a great way to learn about Raleigh's history. The tour guide was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
Great time despite the cold!
|DerickOwl||Sat, Jan 10 7:30 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Other|
Brad was a super great guide! My dad and I are both lifelong locals of NC and he kept the tour upbeat, fun, and very casual. It was like going out with a few friends drinking, and between his great stories he gave great local recommendations for events, food, and local history as well as making suer we weren't freezing too much! He's the best!
a good time that was different from the usual
|mamsdemeyer||Sat, Oct 25, 14 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Brad was great. Historical tour that tied in some awesome local bars.
Wonderful evening, thank you!
|mummey||Sat, Oct 25, 14 7:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
Our guide enjoyed his job, he was a wonderful storyteller and it was a pleasure spending the evening with him and the rest of the group. The tour was fun and interesting, I highly recommend it!
Fantastic Raleigh Pub Crawl!
|AprilDML2002||Fri, Oct 17, 14 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Really enjoyed the walk around Raleigh's old historic haunted sites narrated by Brad and my mom and I really enjoyed all the pubs we stopped up (both food, drink and fun-wise). Highly recommend this to local and out of state tourists!
Great activity for locals and visitors!
|cookielori||Sat, Oct 11, 14 7:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Unspecified|
The tour was informative and entertaining! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to hear the more interesting stories of the formation and history of our great city.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Is the tour suitable for children?
- No, the tour is only suitable for those 21 years of age and over. Please remember to bring a valid, government issued ID.
- How far do we walk on the tour? What is the pace?
- We will walk about a mile total at a leisurely pace.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- No. The tour will end at Tir Na Nog at 220 S Blount St in Moore Square. just a couple of blocks from the meeting location.
- What about inclement weather?
- Tours will run rain or shine. We ask that you check the weather forecast and dress accordingly if inclement weather is predicted. You may bring an umbrella.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- You will be able to use the bathrooms at the bars, pubs or restaurants we visit along the way.
- Will locals enjoy the tour as well or is it mostly for tourists?
- Absolutely! While you may be familiar with our route and some of the stops, you will also have the opportunity to discover new things about the wonderful town/city/neighborhood you live in! Additionally, this tour is an excellent way to entertain out-of-town guests, celebrate a special occasion or encourage professional team building.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, at the moment we can only offer tours in English, but you are welcome to arrange for an interpreter. Please note that if you are accompanied by an interpreter, they will need a full priced ticket.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks along the way? Can I bring my own?
- While no other food or drinks are included in the ticket price, we encourage you to arrive early and eat at the meeting location restaurant beforehand.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are permitted and we encourage you to take photos!
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are not included in the ticket price. While not required, tips are accepted and always appreciated by the tour guides.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Yes, we suggest a parking garage nearby. Specific parking details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- Can we shop during the tour?
- It is important that we stay on schedule, so please refrain from shopping during the tour.
- Are dogs/pets allowed on the tour?
- No dogs or pets are allowed on the tour except for trained service animals.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- No, smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for purchase and make great gifts for family and friends. If you have any questions about purchasing or redeeming gift certificates, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left side of this page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, a private tour option is available! You pick the date and time for your special occasion or group as we work around your schedule. To inquire about booking a private tour, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Pictures and video may be taken during the tour.
- During the tour, your guide may take pictures and video that we will later use on our website or for marketing or social media purposes. Please let your guide know at the beginning of your tour if you do not wish to be included in any pictures or videos.
- Must be 21 and over and sign liability waiver.
- The tour is limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you. All participants must also sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
Tobacco Road Tours
As the Triangle area’s only full service tour operator, including event & meeting planning, group tours and daily professionally guided motorized and walking tours, Tobacco Road Tours has a commitment to sharing the traditions from North Carolinians before us, which inspires the creation for each of our tours. Whether you are traveling with us through historic Durham or Raleigh, or exploring the area's history on one of our tours, North Carolina’s Piedmont region provides an adventure that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Along with our dedication to sharing what North Carolina’s Piedmont region has to offer, we are committed to our values. Caring for our guests is always our number one priority. We make sure that our tours meet and exceed your expectations by offering quality tours packed with interesting history, fun facts, and an experience you will never forget.
Every tour is an extravaganza, complete with laughter, time honored stories and FUN. Grab a group of friends and join us!