Home to the Capital Phantoms, the Peg-legged ghost, Yarborough Hotel Ghosts, Moore’s Square, and more, listen to the tales that make Raleigh’s creepy past spring to life! Visit 4 ghost and paranormal sites between stops at 4 bars on this 2½ hour haunted pub crawl!
Indulge in a specialty drink-a Raleigh Historical beverage- made especially for TRT guests! Created from over a 240 year old recipe, this delicious Bourbon is soaked in fresh cherries (w/the pits); mulling spices then fermented over four months.
Afterwards, stay a bit longer at Raleigh’s first Irish Pub, dance the night away listening to one of the city’s finest DJs –don’t forget to try some of the food that has made this place a legend!
Whether you’re visiting, or a local looking for a night out on the town, this haunted pub crawl is sure to expose you to a new, exciting side of Raleigh!
What Is Not Included?
- Food and drink are not included, but we encourage you to arrive early and have a bite at our meeting location restaurant. They're known for their delicious food!
- Please note gratuity is not included in the ticket price. While not mandatory, our guides appreciate gratuities or tips where earned.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Llsmith2801||Sat, Oct 10 7:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
My wife and I entertained two out-of-town guests. We had a fun group and Emy was very entertaining guide. I would like to see discounts when bringing multiple guests. Overall lots of fun
The tour was great, but we didn't see a spirit...
|ameadows11||Sat, Oct 10 7:30 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
More spirits please!!!
Take the tour if your visiting!
|Aricci6988||Sat, Aug 1 7:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The tour was a good fun way to learn about the city's history and spooky places all while exploring great bars in between! Definitely more for adult fun rather then family fun!
|dweiss||Fri, Jul 17 7:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Had a great time - Brad was a marvelous guide, with lots of local historic info. Fun for us locals and our out of town friends. Now we have some pubs to return to.
Enjoy racist anecdotes w/out factual history?
|Ceprevo||Fri, Jul 10 7:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Then this is the tour for you. Our 'tour guide' was extremely offensive, both as a Raleigh local and a so-called history buff. After a few racist stories from her past, we learned absolutely zero complete- let alone factual- information about the history of Raleigh and its potential ghosts. Most stories were cited as being around an unspecified year, involving characters she did not remember the names of, and a potential sighting thereafter of a ghost possibly related to the gibberish we just listened to for 20 minutes. On to the next bar- maybe- since she 'knows we're probably more interested in drinking than the history'. By the way, three out of six of us are history majors. I would not recommend this tour; save your money and your temper.
Tobacco Road Tours responded:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. We are so sorry your experience was not what you wanted or expected; that is never our intent. A typical tour does include spending about 20 minutes in between each pub, or bar, sharing historical and ghost stories with the group. Unfortunately, you did not get to hear the great history we share with our guests about Raleigh and North Carolina. As the owner, I would like to invite you and your group to join me, as my special guests, on the Raleigh pub crawl or the ghost walk – your choice – to really experience the great history and stories that should be a part of each guests experience. I will be contacting you with a number of dates and I truly hope one will work for you and your group. I promise that you won’t regret giving us a second try. Sincerely, Brad.
ok, but not very scary
|chruzara||Sat, Jun 27 7:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Rain moved the start time to about an hour later. The tour guide's presentation was disconnected, not smooth, not scary at all. She (Emmy?) could have been more animated and made the stories more exciting.
We had fun, in spite of this.
Tobacco Road Tours responded:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review because we value all feedback. We strive to start all our tours on time, but sometimes weather does cause the start time to be delayed, which unfortunately is beyond our control. Every guide has his/her own style and we work with each guide to develop their style throughout their journey with TRT so they continue to gain knowledge and experience. Our haunted tours are more about sharing local ghost and haunting stories and less about being scary or creepy in order to appeal to a wide audience. We are so glad you had fun on the tour and we are look forward to hosting you and your friends once again on a future tour.
Had a great time; there were some funy mistakes
|wfdavies||Sat, Jun 27 7:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Really liked the bars on the tour (especially Coglin's). The ghost stories were pretty cool overall. There were also some very funny factual errors: 1) tour guide said there was a big battle outside the capital building (not true; there is a statue dedicated to Governor Vance who peacefully surrendered the city; 2) guide pointed to the just mentioned statue of Governor Vance an said it was a statue of Theodore Roosevelt (even though "Vance" was spelled out on it) lolol; guide said Teddy Rosevelt was best known for his involvement with the railroads (uhhhh....you mean the Spanish American War or the National Parks?); guide said the legislature still meets at the old capital building (it's totally a museum).
Overall, I had a blast. Was great to explore Raleigh (had never been before) and we all had fun on being downtown. Also appreciated the free beer for answering trivia questions. The errors were funny (we did not correct her or interrupt her tour), but just giving a heads up if you are actually looking to give (company) or get (customer) a serious educational experience.
Had fun =D
Tobacco Road Tours responded:
We are so glad you had a great experience on the Raleigh Pub Crawl and thank you for the review and comments because we truly value your input. We work with each guide, especially new guides, to develop their knowledge level throughout their journey with TRT so they continue to gain experience. We will work to make sure each future group receives the correct historical information. Congrats on the free beer! Look forward to having you on another tour in the future.
|Mounadibs||Sat, May 30 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I really had a great time on this tour. The tour was visits to various Pubs in downtown and some ghost stories mixed in. I loved visiting pubs that I would not have otherwise visited and visiting sites I have not seen before. The stories were more historical than scary but that was a great element of the tour. I also enjoyed meeting other people that were from the area or tourist and that made my visit to Raleigh that much better. I would recommend the tour with Brad for sure!
A Must Do!
|Aholdaway||Sat, May 30 7:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
The tour guide was very enthusiastic and included guests in the tour. Great information and history as well as bars. Would recommend for all ages! (Over 21 of course!)
|mcgoss7||Sat, May 30 7:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
The tour guide was OUTSTANDING! Incredibly charismatic, personable, and knowledgeable. The bar stops were great and the stories were great! Really enjoyed this tour!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Is the tour suitable for children?
- No, the tour is only suitable for those 21 years of age and over. Please remember to bring a valid, government issued ID.
- How far do we walk on the tour? What is the pace?
- We will walk about a mile total at a leisurely pace.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- No. The tour will end at Tir Na Nog at 220 S Blount St in Moore Square. just a couple of blocks from the meeting location.
- What about inclement weather?
- Tours will run rain or shine. We ask that you check the weather forecast and dress accordingly if inclement weather is predicted. You may bring an umbrella.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- You will be able to use the bathrooms at the bars, pubs or restaurants we visit along the way.
- Will locals enjoy the tour as well or is it mostly for tourists?
- Absolutely! While you may be familiar with our route and some of the stops, you will also have the opportunity to discover new things about the wonderful town/city/neighborhood you live in! Additionally, this tour is an excellent way to entertain out-of-town guests, celebrate a special occasion or encourage professional team building.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, at the moment we can only offer tours in English, but you are welcome to arrange for an interpreter. Please note that if you are accompanied by an interpreter, they will need a full priced ticket.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks along the way? Can I bring my own?
- While no other food or drinks are included in the ticket price, we encourage you to arrive early and eat at the meeting location restaurant beforehand.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are permitted and we encourage you to take photos!
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are not included in the ticket price. While not required, tips are accepted and always appreciated by the tour guides.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Yes, we suggest a parking garage nearby. Specific parking details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- Can we shop during the tour?
- It is important that we stay on schedule, so please refrain from shopping during the tour.
- Are dogs/pets allowed on the tour?
- No dogs or pets are allowed on the tour except for trained service animals.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- No, smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for purchase and make great gifts for family and friends. If you have any questions about purchasing or redeeming gift certificates, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left side of this page.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, a private tour option is available! You pick the date and time for your special occasion or group as we work around your schedule. To inquire about booking a private tour, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Pictures and video may be taken during the tour.
- During the tour, your guide may take pictures and video that we will later use on our website or for marketing or social media purposes. Please let your guide know at the beginning of your tour if you do not wish to be included in any pictures or videos.
- Must be 21 and over and sign liability waiver.
- The tour is limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you. All participants must also sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
Tobacco Road Tours
As the Triangle area’s only full service tour operator, including event & meeting planning, group tours and daily professionally guided motorized and walking tours, Tobacco Road Tours has a commitment to sharing the traditions from North Carolinians before us, which inspires the creation for each of our tours. Whether you are traveling with us through historic Durham or Raleigh, or exploring the area's history on one of our tours, North Carolina’s Piedmont region provides an adventure that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Along with our dedication to sharing what North Carolina’s Piedmont region has to offer, we are committed to our values. Caring for our guests is always our number one priority. We make sure that our tours meet and exceed your expectations by offering quality tours packed with interesting history, fun facts, and an experience you will never forget.
Every tour is an extravaganza, complete with laughter, time honored stories and FUN. Grab a group of friends and join us!