Memorials by Moonlight: Around the Tidal Basin takes you to:
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- George Mason Memorial
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- plus views of the Washington Monument, U.S. Air Force Memorial, and more
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- It's up to you. If you want to pay for your walk via credit card, the only way to do so is by purchasing in advance. If you prefer to pay cash, however, you are always welcome to just show up without an advance purchase. Either way we'd love to have you!
- What happens if I’m late?
- If you are late, you will miss the tour. Tours leave right on time, and to be fair to the whole group, we cannot wait for late arrivals. If you are not familiar with the meeting location area, please make sure to leave plenty of time to find it. Refunds cannot be provided.
- Where does this walk end?
- This walks concludes at the Martin Luther King. Jr. Memorial. The guide can show you how to get to the nearest Metro station approximately five blocks away. Taxi service may be available at the Memorial itself.
- What sights do we see on the walk?
- The Thomas Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial are all included on this walk.
- How long is the walk/activities and how fast do we go?
- This tour lasts two hours and travels one mile on flat ground at a steady pace.
- Is this walk suitable for children?
- No. This walk is not suitable for young children.
- I am bringing an infant/toddler. Do I need to purchase a ticket for him or her?
- No. Tickets are not required for children ages 3 and younger.
- What happens if it rains?
- Walks take place rain or shine. Dress appropriately for the day's forecasted weather conditions. Remember to bring water, sunglasses and sunscreen on warm, sunny days.
- Will I be able to shop and buy souvenirs during the walk?
- No, but ask your guide after the tour and we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
- Is the walk wheelchair and/or stroller accessible?
- Yes. Most of our walking tours are accessible for both wheelchairs and strollers.
- Can I bring a camera?
- Yes. There are a lot of great photo opportunities along the way!
- Are restrooms available on the walk?
- Yes. Restrooms are available at each of the memorials visited during the walk.
- Can I bring my dog on the tour?
- No. Unfortunately, we cannot allow animals other than service dogs to attend our walks.
- Are the walks only offered in English?
- Yes. Washington Walks are only offered in English.
- What is a Washington Walkabout card?
- A Washington Walkabout card is a type of reward program. You pay for four walks up front and present your card at every walk and then you get the fifth one free. You can purchase a Walkabout card from a Washington Walks guide at beginning of any walk. Each card is $60. Cards do not expire and can be used by one individual only.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes. For details, please contact Washington Walks by clicking “Contact WashWalks” to the left of the page.
- Can I book a private or a group tour?
- Yes. Private walks are available, although groups often decide to attend the public walk. For one thing, it is often less expensive; second, part of the fun of our walking tours is interacting with those who attend the public walk. If you are interested in booking a private walk, contact Washington Walks by clicking “Contact WashWalks” to the left of the page.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or long-time resident, the same holds true: if you haven’t been on a Washington Walk, you haven’t been to Washington, D.C.!