Part game, part theater and part tour, Accomplice: New York is a theatrical experience unlike any on Broadway, taking its audience on an actual journey through the streets of New York City. Spend an afternoon in the middle of a meticulously crafted criminal plan and experience New York in a whole new way!
You're standing on a street corner, just minding your own business, not looking for any trouble, when you're approached by a shady character. He needs your help...and he's offering you a healthy reward for it...but is it on the level?
Armed with a few initial bits of information, participants are sent on a mission along the streets of New York, piecing clues together and relying on their own street smarts to make it to the end.
...Who's in on it?
Accomplice: New York is an experience you won't soon forget.
The sites, naturally, are kept secret - it's all part of the mystery. The starting point is revealed to participants the day before the show.
"Not enough information," you say? Trust us - the fun is in the surprises.
"Ingenious and Unique...Don't Miss!" -- Time Out New York
- Is Accomplice: New York appropriate for kids?
- We recommend that 10-17 year olds be accompanied by parents. If your child is below the age of 10, do you really want them exposed to a life of crime at such an impressionable age? Having said that, if you have a child under the age of 10 that's particularly sharp and can keep his or her mouth shut, bring 'em along. Just don't be upset at the innocence lost.
- Can I pay cash for a ticket on the day of the show?
- Sorry, in order to experience Accomplice: New York properly all tickets must be purchased in advance.
- I'm on parole. Will Accomplice: New York be a violation?
- Not if you can keep your mouth shut.
- I've purchased a ticket. Why won't you tell me where the starting point is?
- Don't ask so many questions.
- How and when will I find out the actual starting point?
- There's a new invention called a "cellular phone". We're not saying it's mandatory, but if you don't have one of these "cellular phones", you may be a little low tech for Accomplice: New York. Go get one and keep it on. A day or two before the show, you'll receive a call with information on where to meet. This is when the show begins. You MUST therefore provide a valid phone number at which you'll be reachable on the day before the show.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All participants are required to sign a waiver, copies of which will be available to sign at the start of the show. Participants under 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian in advance of the show. Immediately upon purchasing tickets, a link will be provided to view and print the waiver.
- Can I come to Accomplice: New York if I don't have a group of ten?
- Of course. You'll be paired with other smaller groups and you'd better become friendly - you may have to save each others lives. Two lessons to keep in mind: Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.
- Can I have a group larger than ten?
- Sure! We max out the group at ten people if you're not all booking together, but if you have between 11-15 people that would like to come, call Zerve at 800-979-3370 for assistance. If you have a group of more than 15 people, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, and total number of people and we'll do our best to up the maximum spaces for that slot.
- I'm not very bright. Will Accomplice: New York be too difficult for me?
- Not if you smarten up.
- What if it rains? I hate the rain.
- As every hardened criminal knows, shady activities take place in light rain, and are rescheduled in the event of downpours. Accomplice: New York is no different. In the event of terrible weather, participants will be informed the morning of the performance and given the option to reschedule for any future date.
- I'm very smart and fast and will win Accomplice: New York. What do I get?
- Accomplice: New York is not a race. You're a winner just for coming. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Don't be so competitive.
- I'm not much for all this exciting adventure entertainment, but I do like to eat and drink. If I come to Accomplice: New York, will I be full and drunk?
- Not unless you eat and drink a ton beforehand. A few tastes of food and a few drinks are included, but it's not Octoberfest. If you tend to get dizzy when hungry or are malnourished, you may want to grab a bite beforehand. Certainly eating the night before the performance is a good idea - don't starve yourself with the hopes of filling up on steak and chops for a $65 ticket.
- Are gift certificates available for Accomplice: New York?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for both Accomplice: New York and Accomplice: The Village, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for Accomplice: New York please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- I have a really important question but can't remember it right now.
- No problem. Email us at email@example.com and we'll try to figure out what it was you wanted to ask.
- I've lived in New York City my whole life. Accomplice: New York sounds like it's for tourists. I don't do touristy stuff.
- Accomplice: New York is NOT just for tourists. You may have been to some of our sites before but you'll never look at them the same way again, and you'll experience them in a whole new way.
- I'm a tourist with a terrible sense of direction. This sounds like it's for New Yorkers. Do I need extensive knowledge of New York?
- Accomplice: New York is NOT just for New Yorkers. You will be provided with ample material to find your way around, and you'll be able to do so without having to ask some snooty New Yorker for directions.
- I don't like to learn. This sounds like I'll be getting a history lesson.
- Accomplice: New York will show you things around lower Manhattan that you had no idea existed, but you won't learn any historical information during your experience.
- I like to learn. Will I hear historical information about the Accomplice: New York sites?
- No. If you constantly need to be learning, be sure to bring a book.
- I understand that I'll be walking a lot, but I'm very into my shoes and comfortable ones just don't look sexy enough on me. Can I wear whatever kind of shoes I want?
- Go ahead. You'll be sorry.
- I would like to write an article on this unique adventure for my very influential and widely circulated magazine. How can I get in touch with you?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all such inquiries.
- I can't stand Scavenger Hunts/Interactive Theater/Walking Tours. How is this different?
- Accomplice: New York is a luscious blend of all three, with all the good parts left intact and all of the bad parts sifted out.
- When will I see Accomplice: (My City)?
- If you live in London, Boston, or San Francisco, perhaps soon. If you live in Peoria, don't hold your breath.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- You MUST be reachable at the phone number you provided the day before your show date.
- Accomplice: New York's starting point is revealed to participants by phone a day before the show. Please make sure the number you provide is correct.
- Participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver at the start of the show. Minors (under 18) must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian in advance.
Time Out New York says: "Ingenious and unique... don't miss!"
The New York Times says:
"Makes you look at the city with skeptical eyes...like being thrown into the middle of the Michael Douglas movie "The Game."
The Canadian Globe And Mail says: "Challenging, weird and wonderful...a fun three hour escape!"
Accomplice: New York has been featured in:
Time Out New York
The New York Times
Live With Regis And Kelly
Fox 5 TV
CNN Headline News
The New York Daily News
New York Magazine
The Village Voice
Canada's Globe and Mail
The New Jersey Star Ledger
New York Press
The New York Post