The Best of Brooklyn Half-Day Food & Culture Tour
New York Fun Tours ®
Zerve Seller: FunTours
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's so special about Brooklyn?
- Travel guidebook publisher Lonely Planet named Brooklyn as one of the top destinations in its "Blue List," an annual worldwide best-of guide.
Brooklyn (its name as borough of the city of New York; it is also Kings County, a county of the state of New York), the "Borough of Homes and Churches," is one of the five Boroughs of New York. It used to be and still feels much like a city in its own right, with approximately 2.5 million inhabitants. If separate from the rest of New York City, Brooklyn would be the 4th largest American city.
- What is the maximum number of people on each tour?
- The tour is typically limited to 24 people in order to keep it a somewhat intimate experience but on rare occasions may have more.
- How will we get to Brooklyn?
- Transportation to Brooklyn via climate controlled coach is included in the price of this tour. You'll be met by your guide in Greenwich Village and then will be escorted to Brooklyn. Along the way, you'll be passing through some historic areas of lower Manhattan which may include a surprise "bonus" food tasting.
- Is this also a walking tour?
- Yes, although we do spend the majority of the time traveling to Brooklyn by vehicle, you will be walking through through some of the great areas described in the tour.
- Is there food and drink served on the tour?
- Yes. We'll be sampling delicious food from various establishments on the tour. A bottle of spring water is provided to every guest at the start of the tour.
- Is the price of all the food included in my ticket purchase.
- Yes. The price includes all the delicious food tastings that you'll be eating on the tour with the exception of alcohol and soft drinks.
- How much food is served on the tour?
- There's plenty of stops for tastings on the tour. For most people there is enough food that you'll likely be satiated until dinner.
- Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- Yes, there are only a few tastings that involve meat on the tour, however vegetarian options are available with advance notice and are just as delicious. (Please specify any food restrictions when booking)
- Is this also considered a sightseeing tour of Brooklyn?
- Without a doubt, Yes! We cover many different and unique areas that are off the beaten path and the photo opportunities will be priceless. Be sure to bring your camera!!
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Absolutely not! Aside from sampling delicious food, you will also experience life in the various neighborhoods that we visit. The tour is fully narrated by your guide, who will discuss the history, culture, architecture, entertainment offerings, and of course off-the-beaten-path food establishments.
- Are there kosher options on the tour?
- Unfortunately not, however our vegetarian options may suffice.
(Please indicate when booking)
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express. Cash is not accepted.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. There will many of great opportunities for taking memorable photos. Remember to bring your camera or smartphone.
- What type of vehicle will be used on the tour?
- It could vary. It depends on the amount of people attending the tour on that day.
- Are your vehicles air-conditioned?
- Yes! All of the vehicles used for our tours have air-conditioning for the summer months and heating for the winter months.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native New Yorker?
- Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in New York City. Locals often attend to learn about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live. We mainly stay off the beaten path, and thus avoiding crowds of tourists.
- Does the tour occur rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs regardless of weather. Although we spend a good amount of time in the tour vehicle, we do make several stops. Please dress appropriately for the weather so you are comfortable inside and out.
- Does the tour include stops or are we in the vehicle the whole tour?
- We'll be getting out and walking around at various locations on the tour. You have the option to get out at most locations to explore, take photos etc.
- Can I bring wine, beer or other alcoholic beverages on the bus?
- No. It is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. Some of the restaurants we visit do have alcoholic beverages for sale, so please be sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. However, since the tour is mostly visual, the tour can work wonderfully even if you have only a basic understanding of English.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- There is no assigned seating on the bus - it's first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party who want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Where does the tour begin?
- It starts in the Heart of Greenwich Village (aka The West Village) where you'll be met by your guide. Greenwich Village is easily reached by taxi or subway. Exact meeting location details, including a map and subway directions, will be provided to you immediately upon purchasing your eticket.
- How long is the tour?
- The tour is about 4.5 hours long, but it can run a bit longer or shorter, depending on traffic.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends at the original meeting location, in Greenwich Village.
Alternatively, you may choose to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge after the last on the Brooklyn side.
- Can I bring my pet?
- No. Sorry, pets are not allowed.
- Are tour guide gratuities included in the price?
- New York Fun Tours does not include gratuities in the cost of our tours. A standard gratuity for a tour guide in New York City is 15% to 20% of the tour price. Gratuities are gratefully accepted by our tour guides.
- Do you offer discounts for travel agents?
- The standard travel agent discount is 10%. This discount is valid for travel agents who will be attending the tour, and requires the agent to provide a business card at the start of the tour. To use this discount, please contact New York Fun Tours by clicking "Contact FunTours" and providing your travel agency's name and contact information.