Enjoy one of the best fireworks displays on the coast. You might even get to enjoy the dynamic fireworks presentations offered by neighboring cities off in the distance as well.
A perfect event for all kinds of occasions - from a family outing with the children to a romantic evening with that special someone.
On this 1.5 hour4th of July Fireworks Display Cruise you will enjoy:
- Limited Indoor and deck seating
- Full cash bar
- Views of Laguna Beach, and surrounding cities
- Beautiful California sunset
What Is Not Included?
- Tell me more about the shuttle service!
- The 4th of July is extremely busy in Dana Point Harbor, so the city is providing a free shuttle from Dana Hills High School located 33333 Golden Lantern Dana Point Ca 92629. Parking at the high school is free and the shuttle will be running from 10am - midnight with the last harbor pickup of the day being at 11:45pm. Shuttles will be departing every 15 minutes.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting on the cruise, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. Our boats inside seating, but if you would like to stay outdoors please dress appropriately with a rain jacket or umbrella. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- We love children! This is a great family experience. Children under two years of age can come free of charge, but be sure to select the correct number of FREE Toddler tickets when you book, as all passengers must be accounted for.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- While we don't put a limitation on who may or may not attend, pregnant women should always consult with their doctors before participating.
- If this trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- While cancellations are rare, as tickets are non refundable and cannot be rescheduled, you are welcome to show up at the docks just prior to the departure time. To ensure the best chance of coming with us on your preferred cruise, we recommend booking ahead of time.
- Where exactly is Dana Wharf located within Orange County?
- Hopefully these landmarks will help you to find us better: Dana Wharf is located 40 minutes south of Disneyland in Anaheim, 1 hour south of LAX airport in Los Angeles, and 60 minutes north of Sea World in San Diego. We are basically in the heart of Orange County!
- How early should I arrive to check in before the cruise?
- Please arrive at least 60 minutes before the cruise departs. We ask you to allot a lot of time for check-in because parking can be difficult on the holiday.
- How far does the boat go out?
- The Fireworks barge is anchored within a short distance from the harbor, less than one mile.
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- You are welcome to bring a snack, however no ice chests or personal alcoholic beverages are permitted on board.
- What kinds of food and beverages are available in the full-service galley?
- Grilled sandwiches such as burgers, BLT, and grilled cheese. Also assorted chips and candy are available. Drinks include water, beer, soda and wine. Additional items may be available depending on the boat and trip you are on. Non-alcoholic beverages such as juices and soft drinks are also available for purchase at $1.00 a piece.
- Will dinner be served on this cruise?
- No, this cruise is for the fireworks display only. If you'd like to purchase tickets for our 4th of July Dinner Cruise, please click on “List of All Activities” on the left-hand side of this page.
- How much cash should I bring?
- Beers are between $3.50-$5.50. Wine is $5-$7. Non-alcoholic drinks are $1 each. Approximately $5 per person for gratuity is recommended.
- Can I bring an ice chest?
- Due to space constraints on board, we do not allow ice chests on the boat. The only exception is in the case of a special medical related dietary need, such as diabetic, etc.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- There is limited room to stow your belongings on board. Please only bring what is absolutely necessary for the cruise.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Most of our boats are wheelchair accessible. If you will need a wheelchair-accessible boat, please contact us directly by clicking on “Contact DanaWharf” to the left of the page.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there is a clean marine head on board.
- Which boat will we be going on?
- There are four boats in our fleet, and all of them are great. Because of regularly scheduled maintenance, variable passenger loads, and private charters, there is no way to guarantee a particular boat for this special event cruise.
- Is the boat safe?
- Absolutely. In addition to modern safety equipment (EPIRB, Life Floats, Life Jackets, etc.) our vessels are constantly maintained and inspected once a year by the United States Coast Guard, a Division of Homeland Security.
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one?
- All boats are outfitted with safety equipment. While you are not required to wear one, you may do so if you choose. The captain will explain and demonstrate all safety equipment before the cruise.
- Will I get seasick?
- While our vessels are very safe and stable. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, you may consider taking preventative measures beforehand, although we cannot officially advise you to do so.
- Will there be any entertainment on this cruise?
- Yes! We'll be tuned in to local KSBR radio's musical simulcast of your favorite patriotic songs.
- How can I book a private charter?
- To schedule a private charter, please click on “Contact DanaWharf” to the left of the page and we will help you plan an extraordinary event!
- Are gift certificates available for this trip?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available specifically for this trip. There are, however, gift certificates available for the 2 hour whale watching trips (both Gray Whale Season and Blue Whale Season), ½ Day/Twilight Fishing Trips, and ¾ Day Fishing Trips, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for one of these activities, please click on "List of All Activities" to the left of the page and then on "Buy a Gift Certificate" at the bottom of the page. You also have the option of purchasing a gift card for a specific dollar amount, good for any activity, though you would need to visit the shop located at Dana Wharf in person to purchase one. Please click on “Contact DanaWharf” to the left of the page for more information on this option.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants, including very young children, are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boats are United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
Dana Wharf Sportfishing and Whale Watching
Dana Wharf Sportfishing's knowledgeable, family oriented crew is there to make your trip as enjoyable and educational as possible. Whether it's whale watching, fishing, or even a private function, you won't want to miss an unforgettable adventure with us!