Please visit http://www.milwaukeefoodtours.com to purchase your tickets!
We hope to see you on a tour soon!
Owner, Milwaukee Food & City Tours
- Is advance purchase required? Is cash accepted?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, as space is limited per tour. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Cash is not accepted.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain, shine or snow! As each of the establishments on all of our tour routes are within a short walk of each other, we encourage you to dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions. We will go inside all of the establishments on the tour while dining, unless the weather is ideal for outdoor patio dining in which case we may eat outdoors. In the extremely rare event that the tour has to be canceled, you will be able to reschedule to another time or receive a full refund.
- If a food tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- If a date/time is sold out or not listed as an available tour date, there is always a chance that if requested, we can add an additional tour on that date/time. Please click “Contact MKEFoodTours” to let us know what date you are interested in.
- What is the maximum number of people per tour?
- In order to provide an intimate, personalized experience, the public tour options are limited to 16 people per tour guide. For private tours, additional tour guides can be added to accommodate additional attendees.
- How much food is served on the tour? What sort of food will I be sampling?
- Each of our tours contain 5 - 7 stops for tastings, and the foods we sample always include tasty items desired by any foodie with Wisconsin-brewed beer and occasionally other spirits (particularly on our Bloody Third Ward Bloody Mary Brunch tour!), plus a sweet ending of chocolate. Keep in mind that food-tasting locations vary from tour to tour and may change without notice. Enough food is served that a meal afterwards is not necessary. We are proud that at the end of tours we often hear “I was expecting a tasting but this was a full meal!” You will not be disappointed - we consider our tours a progressive meal, with a side of history. Each attendee will also receive a complimentary packet of spices so that they can bring the tastes of Milwaukee into their own kitchen!
- Are beverages provided?
- Yes, our Bloody Third Ward Bloody Mary Brunch tour provides four, 6-ounce Bloody Mary’s for consumption. For underage participants or those uninterested in alcoholic drinks, root beer and/or lemonade is offered. In addition, all of the tasting locations are able to sell additional beverages to attendees, however, this is not encouraged as we will only spend approximately 20 minutes in each restaurant and do not want our guests to feel rushed in enjoying a beverage. If you do choose to purchase additional beverages, please be sure to bring cash with you to do so.
- What about dietary restrictions?
- With the exception of the Fish Fry Tour, all tours are seafood/shellfish free. We do have a vegetarian option on all tours. We are not able to make menu adjustments for food allergies, dietary restrictions or preferences on this public tour beyond the vegetarian option. This includes gluten, vegan, sugar-free and kosher requests. We are able to make allergy / preference accommodations on private walking tours for 8+ guests, or private bus tours for 12+ guests.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Absolutely not! Milwaukee has a wonderful, rich history and our attendees hear the history of the city and learn about the many ethnic influences that shaped our great city. Aside from sampling delicious food, you will be provided with cultural insight of the neighborhood. The tour is fully narrated by your guide who will discuss history, culture, architecture and entertainment offerings while leading you to both well-known and newer establishments for samplings.
- What restaurants do we visit on the tour?
- It's a surprise! We will visit a variety of excellent eateries, but do keep in mind that the tour routes and thereby the exact restaurants we visit may vary from tour to tour.
- How much walking is included?
- Tours last between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on the pace of our group. Each of our tour routes is approximately one mile with the exception of our Wauwatosa tour, which requires even less walking. We always walk at a moderate pace, and we sit to eat at most of the establishments. Private tours via pedicab, limo or bus can be arranged with advanced notice.
- Can I bring children on the tour?
- We offer an adolescent ticket, and children ages 7 and younger may come on the tour free of charge. Please do notify us if you will be bringing any children ages 7 or younger upon purchasing your tickets. Keep in mind that we will be discussing cultural and history, and much of the tour is walking, eating and socializing. Please consider whether your children will enjoy the tour and whether it is appropriate for them.
- Can I shop on the tour?
- We ask that you wait to shop until after the tour so that we can stay on schedule and continue with the tastings in a timely manner. We recommend that you allow time at the end of the tour to return to your favorite locations and/or stores, and provide a Tasting Guide which will include addresses of each establishment as well as discount coupons for your return visit. For private group tours, additional time for shopping can easily be incorporated into the tour per your advance request to do so.
- Does the tour end at the same place we meet?
- Most of our tours begin and end in the same location, however, our Brady Street tour does not and requires walking approximately a four-blocks to return to the starting point. Your guide will provide detailed return directions, which can be accomplished via foot, pedicab, taxi, or bus.
- Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
- Yes, our tour routes and food tasting establishments are wheelchair accessible and baby stroller friendly.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at selected food-tasting locations.
- Is there parking near to the tour's meeting point?
- Yes, there is parking located near each of our tour route meeting points. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions which you will receive after purchasing your tour tickets.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native Milwaukeean?
- Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in Milwaukee. Locals often attend to learn about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live. Our knowledgeable guides will tell you exciting secrets about the city and perhaps introduce you to new favorites! Tour attendees often say, “I’ve lived here my entire life and never explored Milwaukee like I did today.”
- Are cameras allowed?
- Yes, visitors are allowed and encouraged to take pictures at any of the establishments we visit.
- Are pets allowed?
- Due to the policies of the various food establishments we visit, pets are not allowed on this tour.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. Please click “Contact MKEFoodTours” if you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour.
- Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Give the gift of exploring the sights and flavors of Milwaukee's most historic neighborhoods and delicious eateries with a gift certificate for a tour experience! These make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or simply to say "Thank You." The recipient selects their tour route of choice plus schedules the tour at a time convenient to their schedule. To PURCHASE, visit www.milwaukeefoodtours.com/gift-cards and order online. To REDEEM your gift certificate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired tour route, date, time and quantity of tickets needed along with booking code.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! Many of our private tours are identical to our public tours but can be customized to suit your group's needs and interests. For example, additional time for shopping can be added into the experience or walking can be eliminated from routes, etc. Besides our public walking tour options, we also offer several additional options that can be built onto the food tour experience for private groups including Cooking Tips & Techniques classes, Factory Tours, Green-Friendly “Farm & Table” Tours, our very fun Beer, Brats & Bowling Tour (we even ‘schlemiel, schlemazel’ with Fonzie on this tour) and our signature Progressive Lunches/Day in Milwaukee Ethnic Adventure. To book a private tour, simple email Theresa at email@example.com to request your desired tour date and pricing options.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants 21 and older must bring valid ID.
- We require a valid ID proving you are 21 or older to participate in the alcohol sampling portions of the tour. Please make sure you have it with you as the vendors will need to verify this information before you can participate in the alcohol tastings!
Milwaukee Food & City Tours
We are Milwaukee's original, premier and award winning food tour. I am a Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA), an alumna of Future Milwaukee and have served as a culinary speaker at a number of tourism-related conferences. We even won the Governor's Rising Star in Tourism Award, and the Dear MKE Award through VISIT Milwaukee. Credentials aside, at Milwaukee Food & City Tours, our passion is firmly rooted in food and in Milwaukee and Wisconsin.
We are proud of two pieces of commentary often provided by our attendees: “I’ve lived here my entire life and never explored Milwaukee like I did today” and “I was expecting a tasting but this was a full meal!” Whether you are a Milwaukee native, visiting the city on your own or traveling as part of group, you will not be disappointed. We consider our tours a progressive meal with a side of history.
Stories from Milwaukee's culinary scene are plentiful, and I invite you to immerse yourself into our culture in a fun and intimate way by experiencing Milwaukee Food & City Tours. Come hungry, and be inspired!