Our fully heated old-time trolley will take guests on a winter adventure that includes a variety of activities. First, we enjoy private wine tastings at two Award Winning Door County Wineries. We follow that up with a cozy sleigh ride through "the door's" most beautiful wintry landscapes. Then we top off our day of fun with a fabulous lunch, at the romantic "English Inn",in the quaint village of Fish Creek.
Wineries showcased on this five-hour Winter Tour:
- Harbor Ridge Winery (Egg Harbor)
- Orchard Country Winery (Fish Creek)
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|choium||Sat, Mar 28 9:30 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
My friends and I headed up to Door County from Milwaukee for a girls' weekend away to celebrate a birthday. We had SO MUCH FUN on this tour and would definetely recommend it! AJ was the best tour guide- he had us laughing and enjoying every second we were with him. I would definitely book this tour again and recommend it to anyone!
|DawnRieder||Sat, Mar 14 9:30 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We enjoyed our trolley tour. Bruce was a great tour guide! The mix of activities were just right. Even though the snow disappeared, out horse drawn carriage ride was wonderful with the unseasonably warm temperatures. Lunch at the English Inn was enjoyable and we valued the restaurant tips and other recommendations of activities in Door County. Thank you for a great memory of our Door County trip!
|Michlap15||Sat, Mar 14 9:30 AM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Well worth the money!! A.J. was our trolley driver and he was awesome! Very knowledgeable about the area and had a fun energetic personality. Had the whole trolley laughing most of the ride.
I have already recommended this to friends and will be using Door County Trolley Tours in the future!!
A GREAT TIME!
|Bradley02||Sat, Mar 7 9:30 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Our tour guide was funny and knowledgeable too. He really kept the tour moving along with short stories and jokes. The meal which was included was FABULOUS too. This was our second trip with the trolley and it was just as enjoyable as the first time several years ago.
Fun tour and highly entertaing guide/driver
|mdschm||Sat, Mar 7 9:30 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We did not feel rushed during the winery tours which were well done and informative. The trolley driver/tour guide, Bruce, was good at keeping everybody entertained with jokes and anecdotes about the local area.
AJ is awesome!
|chanson0058||Sat, Mar 7 9:30 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We had an amazing time. AJ made it a fun and memorable experience. We will book another tour the next time we're in the area.
Fun filled day with wine
|baljas1979||Sat, Mar 7 9:30 AM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The driver of the Trolly was awesome so informationaly on the area and dates in history. The wine tasting was awesome the lunch was very good (french dip). I have done the Winter Wonderland Tour twice now in back to back years i will do it again in the furture.
Just a awesome way to spend the day with my wife and 26 strangers
A wonderful day with my relatives.
|Larndt||Sat, Feb 28 9:30 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
We have often talked about getting together, my sisters, cousins and aunt, and doing something like this. This has been a most perfect venue for us. We were picked up at our hotel, told about history and facts of the area, enjoyed wine tasting and a great lunch, all together. Seven of us couldn't fit in one car. Our driver, AJ, was wonderful. While the sleigh ride was a bit cold, it was only 1/2 hour and so informative. It was a great day.
winter wonderland tour
|Jenniferlkoc||Sat, Feb 28 9:30 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Absolutely loved it.. Coming back in the summer for more tours!!
a must do while visiting door county
|hsmcgregor45||Sat, Feb 21 9:30 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
everything was just fantasic. our family can not wait to do more tours as the seasons change. will tell as many people as possible about our experience.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Where do we meet the trolley?
- We depart the Door County Trolley Station in Egg Harbor at 10am.
- What happens if it snows?
- Our tours run snow, rain or shine, unless of course severe snow or ice conditions do not allow for safe driving. But they are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. The trolleys are fully heated for year round use, but please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will spend a portion of the tour off the trolley visiting wineries, taking the sleigh ride, eating lunch and shopping. (If no snow, will substitute for a carriage ride down a quaint, historic road in Fish Creek.)
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link on the left side of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- Children are welcome to join us for this tour. However, please keep in mind that the tour is 5 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. We do offer a reduced price child ticket for kids 2-12 years old. Infants under the age of 2 can come for free, but will need to sit on a parent's lap and will not receive lunch. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing young children.
- Is there parking available at the meeting location?
- Yes, there is free parking available at the meeting location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat?
- The trolley is fully heated and enclosed for year round use. However, guests should dress in weather appropriate clothing, because outside activities will occur during the tour.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Since the tour makes 5 stops along the way, we spend a large portion of the tour off the trolley visiting two wineries, a 30 minute sleigh ride, a fireside lunch and some free time to explore the village of Fish Creek.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. But there are bathroom facilities available at a number of the stops on the tour.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- There is minimal to a moderate amount of walking for short distances on the tour. There are also some steps to climb in and out of the trolley and the sleigh, but assistance is always available by your trolley guides.
- Can I store a stroller or wheelchair on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and strollers. If you are bringing young children, small strollers that fold may be ok. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How long will we spend at each location?
- We generally spend about 30-45 minutes in each of the two wineries, a 30 minute sleigh ride, approximately an hour at the restaurant for lunch and 30 minutes exploring the village of Fish Creek.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of the many stops and other scenic areas on this tour.
- What does lunch include?
- Lunch will include a non-alcoholic beverage as well as an entree and dessert. Generally, there are two entrees to choose from and dessert is often the Door County traditional Cherry Pie a la mode. Please note that a vegetarian option is available and most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please let your server know when placing your order at the restaurant.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- Guests can purchase wine, souvenirs and other products on all stops during the Winter Tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Winter Wonderland Trolley Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Children under 2 can attend for free.
- Infants under the age of 2 can come for free, but will need to sit on a parent's lap and will not receive lunch. Let us know when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing young children. Also, please keep in mind the tour is 5 hours long and may not be appropriate for all children. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...