Our fully heated old-time trolley will take guests on a winter adventure that includes a variety of activities. First, we enjoy private wine tastings at two Award Winning Door County Wineries. We follow that up with a cozy sleigh ride through "the door's" most beautiful wintery landscapes. Then we top off our day of fun with a fabulous lunch, at the romantic "English Inn," in the quaint village of Fish Creek.
Wineries showcased on this five-hour Winter Tour:
- Harbor Ridge Winery (Egg Harbor)
- Orchard Country Winery (Fish Creek)
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Best way to spend a day in door county!
|bdesotell||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Couple on a Date|
A.J. was amazing! He was funny, enthusiastic, and very knowledgable. My girlfriend and I will be going back for a ghost tour and will be requesting A.J.
Winter Weekend Getaway
|desotell||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Male||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
This is our 2nd year. Always meet fun people. Will probably do it again.
Winter wonderland Trolley tour 1/30/2016.
|lucann28||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I went on our first trolley tour in door county, and our driver's name was Bruce.
He was very personable as a tour guide, and We had a lot of fun going to the different wineries. We did not feel rushed at all, and had plenty of time to enjoy our day at all the events.
lunch was provided at the English Inn, which was delicious, and it is very pretty there.
The Sleigh ride with the horses was very relaxing.
We made a lot of new friends on this tour, and had a lot of fun.
We are already planning our next trip to do a sunday fun-day bloody mary and mimosas tour!
Definitely worth the money.
Oh and don't forget to tip your driver! :-)
|terbear5162||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This has become a much anticipated winter weekend get away for our small group. AJ, his staff, the sleigh ride staff (including Barney & Bailey), and all the people involved at each location make it a day to remember. I have recommended the trolley tour in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks again for a great winery tour complete with very entertaining story telling along the way!
The tour was an enjoyable way to spend the day
|zim58200||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Group of Friends|
If you take out the last winery stop, we had a good time on the tour. There was a miscommunication on the last stop and the woman behind the taste test counter did not handle the situation well.
Other than that, we enjoyed the day and listening to all of Henk's cheesy jokes.
|lballen89||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to take it. AJ is an awesome Trolley Tour Guide. We had a wonderful time. Can't wait to go again in the summer.
|JanellBartel||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Our driver Henk was very nice, funny and was a wonderful host. Knew the area very well as I am from Door County. Would do again.
|heatherkoch||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
My girlfriends and I went on the Winter Wonderland Trolley Tour and loved it. AJ our driver, was hilarious and kept the energy high throughout the whole tour. My only complaint is that I spent an extra $15 on a Trolley Souvenir Glass and Cherry Mimosa, and never got either one.
Very good time!
|DeGrand88||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
The trolley ride and wine tasting was a lot of fun. Hank the trolley driver was a lot of fun to ride with and kept everyone entertained. Great thing to do in the middle of winter when there's not much going on. Definitely recommend trying it!
|Lauralp||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
I took the trolley last year and my friends and I had a blast. We returned this year and were a bit disappointed that the wine trolley no longer offers door-to-door pick up service from the hotel. That part really made the trip enjoyable so no one had to be concerned about drinking and driving all day. Also, the tour (wineries) was an exact repeat of last year's experience, including the same lunch menu. While the tour was still a lot of fun, the food was delicious, and we LOVED the sleigh ride, it would be nice if things changed a bit from year to year so repeat customers had something new to experience. Please reinstate the door-to-door pick up service so a designated driver is not needed.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Where do we meet the trolley?
- We depart from the Door County Trolley Station in Egg Harbor at 10am. Please arrive 30 minutes early.
- What happens if it snows?
- Our tours run snow, rain or shine, unless of course severe snow or ice conditions do not allow for safe driving. But they are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. The trolleys are fully heated for year round use, but please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will spend a portion of the tour off the trolley visiting wineries, taking the sleigh ride, eating lunch and shopping. (If no snow, will substitute for a carriage ride down a quaint, historic road in Fish Creek.)
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link on the left side of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- Children are welcome to join us for this tour. However, please keep in mind that the tour is 5 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. We do offer a reduced price child ticket for kids 2-12 years old. Infants under the age of 2 can come for free, but will need to sit on a parent's lap and will not receive lunch. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing young children.
- Is there parking available at the meeting location?
- Yes, there is ample, free parking available at the Door County Trolley Station.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests may bring snacks and beverages to enjoy during the tour IF purchased at the Door County Trolley Station. We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat?
- The trolley is fully heated and enclosed for year round use. However, guests should dress in weather appropriate clothing, because outside activities will occur during the tour.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Since the tour makes 5 stops along the way, we spend a large portion of the tour off the trolley visiting two wineries, a 30 minute sleigh ride, a fireside lunch and some free time to explore the village of Fish Creek.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. But there are bathroom facilities available at a number of the stops on the tour.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- There is minimal to a moderate amount of walking for short distances on the tour. There are also some steps to climb in and out of the trolley and the sleigh, but assistance is always available by your trolley guides.
- Can I store a stroller or wheelchair on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and strollers. If you are bringing young children, small strollers that fold may be ok. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How long will we spend at each location?
- We generally spend about 30-45 minutes in each of the two wineries, a 30 minute sleigh ride, approximately an hour at the restaurant for lunch and 30 minutes exploring the village of Fish Creek.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of the many stops and other scenic areas on this tour.
- What does lunch include?
- Lunch will include a non-alcoholic beverage as well as an entree and dessert. Generally, there are two entrees to choose from and dessert is often the Door County traditional Cherry Pie a la mode. Please note that a vegetarian option is available and most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please let your server know when placing your order at the restaurant.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- Guests can purchase wine, souvenirs and other products on all stops during the Winter Tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Winter Wonderland Trolley Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Children under 2 can attend for free.
- Infants under the age of 2 can come for free, but will need to sit on a parent's lap and will not receive lunch. Let us know when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing young children. Also, please keep in mind the tour is 5 hours long and may not be appropriate for all children. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 16th year in business, has a fleet of 12 trolleys, and offers 11 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...