Watch big cat keepers feed tigers, leopards, cougars and more while observing from just a few feet away. As you walk around the sanctuary with our feeders your guide will tell you about the cats on the feeding route, their diets, and how they hunt in the wild.
The Feeding Tour includes:
- Watching the wild cats being fed and learning about their diets.
- The diet consists of chunks of beef, chicken and a ground diet.
This tour is a great follow up to a regular Day Tour. On the Day Tour you will see a greater selection of cats representing all of the species residing at the sanctuary.
The tour is available on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9:00AM. Space for this program is extremely limited, so advanced booking is required. Participants in the Feeding Tour must be 10 years of age or older.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Bgribens||Sat, Feb 28 9:00 AM||Male||50-59||Unspecified||Family With Children|
Able to get really close to large Tigers – learned a lot about big cats – well worth the money.
|kstine1||Sat, Feb 28 9:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
The Big Cat Rescue Feeding Tour was great! It was nice to learn about how they help rescue all different kinds of cats and to see them in person! It was really neat to see them feed and learn about their diet!
This tour would be great for people of all ages!
Well worth the money.
|Ckiehl||Wed, Feb 11 9:00 AM||Female||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We have been donating to the Big Cat Rescue for the past 5 years and this was the first time we were able to visit in person, We were impressed by the knowledge of our guide and how well the animals are cared for there. It truly is a sanctuary for these magnificent animals. We will continue to support Big Cat Rescue and look forward to being volunteers when we relocate to the Tampa area.
Worth every $
|fuckthisshit||Wed, Feb 11 9:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
Amazing tour. Volunteers very well-informed. Animals come first.
|PhilJames||Fri, Jan 30 9:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
A good day for a good cause. Go!
Totally amazing and well worth the money
|KarenMarie1||Fri, Jan 30 9:00 AM||Female||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The animals seemed very content and certainly well cared for.
It was truly an amazing experience.
Definitely worth the trip and expense!
|MillandArt||Sat, Jan 24 9:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
This is a wonderful experience! We did the morning feeding tour on Saturday. We were so close to the animals you could hear them crunching on bones! No worries though - the safety and security of the guests and cats is paramount and i never felt scared even though i was very close to the big cats.
It was well worth every penny of the $65 and i will do it again when i have more out of town folks to entertain. Kudos to the staff! You do a fantastic job!!
|sunfire004||Sat, Jan 10 9:00 AM||Unspecified||30-39||Unspecified||Group of Friends|
So many animals came out. The keeper and the feeder were very knowledgeable. They were patient and answered all my questions, as I am curious! This is my second time coming, and I am hoping to do a keeper tour the next time.
Guaranteed to convince...
|jrbutterfly||Sat, Dec 27, 14 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Seeing the big cats get fed really drives the point home, how powerful these predators are, and how unsuitable they are as pets. Just seeing the quantity of raw meat they require daily is an eye-opener.
Appreciation for the required efforts needed.
|rickbrammer||Sat, Dec 27, 14 4:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
The tour was impressive, only one thing that we all were hoping for that didn't happen was the feeding of the Lions.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children under 10 years of age are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Kids 10 years of age or older are welcome to attend. We do not make exceptions, no matter how well behaved you think your child is; only ages 10 and over on this tour. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, the cats' diet is specific to their needs, and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We also do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested, so we do not permit toys other than those from our own preselected vendors.
- Do you sell food or drinks at the sanctuary? Is there a place to have lunch before the tour?
- Yes, we offer drinks and snacks on site, but you are welcome to bring your own, for your consumption only. You will not be allowed to provide the cats food, treats or toys.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and/or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The Feeding Tour will still go out in light rain as long as there is no lightning. If there is thunder or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out. If not, we will offer to refund or reschedule tickets.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is generally plenty of it. During our busiest times in November, December and March it can be limited, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant? (Handicap accessible?)
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for an additional $10 per person riding. Our paths are not paved, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you have a gift shop?
- Yes we do! The Trading Post Gift Shop is right here at our location.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! Please see the list of all activities to get more information about our private tours.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must be 10 years of age or older.
- Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Children 10-17 years old are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity