No where else can you get this close, interact with such a wide variety of wild cats, and support a great cause at the same time.
The Keeper Tour includes:
- Enrichment: You'll make toys and treats for the cats to stimulate an animals’ activity level and watch as keeper hands out what you’ve made. Observe the animals’ reactions as they investigate their enrichment that you helped create for them.
- Operant conditioning: You'll witness a training session between the cats & keepers. During this activity you will accompany our keepers who will teach critical behaviors to one of our feline residents, such as go into lock out, stand up so we can observe the paws and underside, and much more!
- History: You'll learn the history behind our furry friends and how they came to call Big Cat Rescue home. In addition, you'll also hear the story of why Big Cat Rescue was founded, as you take a guided mini tour of the 55 acre sanctuary.
Each Behind the Big Cat Scenes Adventure is unique and different, so you never know fully what to expect, besides a roaring good time!
Keeper Tours are available on Saturdays and Sundays ONLY at 10 AM. Participants in the Big Cat Keeper Tours must be 10 years of age or older.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
experience of a lifetime: keeper's tour
|miseijas||Sun, Mar 15 10:00 AM||Female||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Up close and personal with cats so beautiful and powerful you will be awed. Tigers, cougars, lynx, caracals, bobcats . . . You here sounds from them you don't expect, see them playing, and some like posing for photos. Make sure your phone or camera is fully charged!
|scottdiaz||Sun, Mar 1 10:00 AM||Unspecified||40-49||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Interesting walking tour of this refuge for former pets and sideshow attractions.
Worth the trip
|Barbscalla||Sun, Feb 15 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
A visit toBig Cat Rescue was recommended to me by a coworker and I am so glad that I took the time to enjoy being around these beautiful animals. I appreciate all the work that the people at Big Cat Rescue are doing. I especially enjoyed making the toys for them. The volunteers are very knowledgeable and it is obvious that they love the cats and taking care of them. This is a "must see" place to visit.
Big Cat Rescue
|deb_haraway||Sat, Jan 24 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Big Cat Rescue was an incredible experience. The knowledge the keeper and guide possessed about each animal and the specialized care given to each cat is marvelous. The money paid for the Keeper Tour goes to support the continued quality of care received by each animal in this sanctuary.
Worth the effort!
|Kathryn104||Sat, Jan 24 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My daughter loves cats and big cats and has wanted to visit for several years. We added a visit to Big Cat Rescue to our days in Orlando (all the eay from Australia) and it was really wonderful. Our guide and other volunteers were very knowledgable and such a great cause.
keeper tour 101
|jnpwiggins12||Sun, Jan 18 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The most informative tour I have been through on any type of animals. The keepers are very knowledgeable and excited about their facility and animals. I would recommend any of the tours to anybody.
|karynroberts||Sat, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We learned so much, and are grateful there's a facility like this to care for these magnificent animals.
This won't be our last visit, and I am encouraging friends to visit as well.
Not to be missed
|racefan||Sat, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This is our third visit to Big Cat Rescue - we've had a public tour, a private tour & now a Keepers Tour - all great - if you like animals (and especially Cats of all sizes) this is a must-see on a visit to Florida - and well worth a few hours drive if necessary. Just remember, it's not a zoo so there is no touching, nor are the animals made to perform or even present themselves to you - but the ones that you see & their stories are unforgettable.
|Efauconneau||Sat, Jan 3 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Combination||Individual|
I'd just like to stress how much I enjoyed this tour!!
I wish it were longer and that we'd seen more cats but I get that not all of them want to see us.
Their videos on youtube are very educational and humorous and I would recommend it to anyone who happens to be in the area.
|ced12520||Sat, Jan 3 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
It was a great experience and educational as well as providing an opportunity to appreciate the beauty of the big cats. It ran a bit long due to unforeseen circumstances, otherwise it was awesome. I have already recommended it to several of my friends.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Kids 10 years of age or older are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. We do not make exceptions, no matter how well behaved you think your child is; only ages 10 and over on this tour. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Do you sell food or drinks at the sanctuary? Is there a place to have lunch before the tour?
- Yes, we offer drinks and snacks on site, but you are welcome to bring your own, for your consumption only. You will not be allowed to provide the cats food, treats or toys.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street, and you could use the restrooms there before the tour.
- What if it rains?
- The Keeper Tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you have a gift shop?
- Yes we do! The Trading Post Gift Shop is right here at our location.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! Please see the list of all activities to get more information about our private tours.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must be 10 years of age or older.
- Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Children 10-17 years old are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No Smoking
- No Smoking is allowed at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity