If you want to bring children under the age of ten, this is the only tour available for your group. This is a complete guided tour where children of all ages and their parents can get up-close and learn about exotic cats and other animals.
- Tour Time is noon on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Geared toward children under 10 years old.
- Privately guided small tour groups of 20 or less.
You are welcome to take photos and video on the tour,but leave the tripods at home, or schedule a photo tour. We ask everyone on the tour to stay together, no smoking, no cell phones and respect the tour guides warnings so that you have the best possible experience.
Paths are frequently muddy so closed toed, old, comfortable shoes are recommended. You may bring your own cold drinks or buy ours but either way, be prepared for the heat.
“It’s one thing to go to Busch Gardens, it’s another to stand three feet from a tiger!” says one Kids Tour participant. Come with the whole family and visit Big Cat Rescue today to see your favorite felines in action!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Almost all cats were sleeping
|Sweetindy||Sun, Apr 5 12:00 PM||Female||Unspecified||Combination||Family With Children|
The area is lovely. The people were very nice & accommodating. The gift shop has some very nice items.
But it wasn't exciting because the cats were almost all sleeping. Some were tucked away so we couldn't see them.
We had children under 10, so I understand the timing for them to keep everyone calm. But perhaps people should be aware of the time the the cats are sleeping so they can choose to bring little ones of not.
I fully support what you are doing, taking care of the animals. I also think strollers should be allowed. It's very difficult on the parents, having to carry the children. Thanks
A change from busy theme parks!
|harrytoby||Sat, Apr 4 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We booked this tour before we went on holday as my eldest is fascinated by big cats. It was very interesting although we didnt get great sightings of the cats due to the heat. I am not sure what makes this kids tour different to any of the other tours and given the sheduled time of the kids tour it is likely to be hot and therefore you are less likey to get to see many of the cats. Having said that my son though it was great, the cost of the tour contributes to the welfare of the cats and it was a perfect antidote to busy theme parks. Recommend for big cat lovers.
We loved it!
|Stacyjesse||Sat, Apr 4 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The tour guides were knowledgable and friendly. We felt safe and welcome and would recommend this tour to families.
Great all around experience
|KathySergi||Sat, Apr 4 12:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Great experience, especially considering we love cats. It was also very educational and I appreciate the fact that the welfare of the cats is put first: environment etc.
Cool to see so many big cats!
|mfanguy||Sat, Mar 28 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My family (with kids aged 5 and 8) really enjoyed Big Car Rescue. The guide did a great job of explaining the different kinds of cats to kids - and talked about humans treatment of animals in a kid-friendly, yet matter-of-fact way. This was a great diversion from the pool and beach!
We love Big Cat Rescue
|aprila1975||Sun, Mar 22 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We go every year and we love Big Cat. Our kids enjoy showing off their knowledge during the tour.
One sat in car...
|mckarl||Sat, Feb 21 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
This is tightly capacity-controlled. We needed 6 tix and could only buy 5 on the site. Not possible to connect by calling in advance to see if 6th person could attend. Others in same situation. Refusal to allow the 6th to enter was handled indelicately by an organization seeking community support. Since I'm the one that sat in the car as the others toured I cannot opine on the content.
Very informative. Really appreciate this cause.
|Natomes||Sat, Feb 21 12:00 PM||Unspecified||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I guess I don't want to believe these animals are treated this way prior to coming to BCR. But it is the ugly truth. I'm thankful to this group and others like them for their time and dedication.
did not see animals from video, expensive,short
|debbienarde||Sat, Feb 14 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My granddaughter wanted to see the sand cat and the cats from the videos, and they were not the cats we saw on the tour, she was very disappointed, we drove over two hours to get there and it was very expensive and a very short tour. The cats we saw were very old and very inactive, and were not the ones that she watches on the videos from there. When the tour was over I had to ask about the sand cat named canyon, from the video, and we were informed that he had died!! she was very disappointed and very misled.
loved the cats
|salliebackiu||Sat, Feb 14 12:00 PM||Female||70+||Local||Family With Children|
too rushed - felt she just ignored some cats that were out and we did not get chance to see them
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children of all ages are welcome to attend. Ticket prices are 19.00 for children under the age of 10 and 36.00 for ages 10 and over. Children of all ages must pay for a ticket.
- Do you have strollers?
- We do not provide strollers and our paths are earthen, so they can be very difficult to push unless they are made for rough terrain.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity