If you want to bring children under the age of ten, this is the only tour available for your group. This is a complete guided tour where children of all ages and their parents can get up-close and learn about exotic cats and other animals.
- Children under the age of 10 cost $19 each
- Tour Time is noon on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Geared toward children under 10 years old.
- Privately guided small tour groups of 20 or less.
You are welcome to take photos and video on the tour,but leave the tripods at home, or schedule a photo tour. We ask everyone on the tour to stay together, no smoking, no cell phones and respect the tour guides warnings so that you have the best possible experience.
Paths are frequently muddy so closed toed, old, comfortable shoes are recommended. You may bring your own cold drinks or buy ours but either way, be prepared for the heat.
“It’s one thing to go to Busch Gardens, it’s another to stand three feet from a tiger!” says one Kids Tour participant. Come with the whole family and visit Big Cat Rescue today to see your favorite felines in action!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Love Big Cat Rescue!
|ffette||Sun, Jan 24 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I found out about Big Cat Rescue (BCR) when I was looking for Christmas presents to buy online. I wanted my money to go toward charitable causes, so I ended up buying a lot of BCR's merchandise for the kids in my family. They sell a lot of good quality, cute, and affordable stuffed animals and related items. The kids all loved the toys I got them, and delivery was fast and easy.
A month later, when I was planning a vacation in Florida, we decided to visit BCR. I'm so glad we did! It was a beautiful, fun, and informative tour that was well tailored for kids. At one hour, it was long enough to feel worthwhile, but not so long that my 5-year-old lost interest or got tired. I would definitely recommend this place--not only for tours, but as a great place to order Christmas and birthday gifts!
|Pattibernhar||Sun, Jan 17 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My 9 year old daughter loves big cats and has been wanting to visit this rescue center. She and the rest of the family loved it.
Really Enjoyed it
|PaulinePark||Sun, Jan 17 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
Great fun and very informative.
We all enjoyed our trip with our grandchildren
|JBarton101||Sat, Jan 16 12:00 PM||Male||70+||Local||Family With Children|
The 3 grand daughters had a lot of questions and really enjoyed seeing all the wild cats. Was worth taking the tour and enjoyed the morning
|shaynes5165||Sun, Jan 10 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We went on the kids tour. We were able to see a lot of the big cats, up close. The kids loved it! Great organization!
Special, though brief, experience
|kwaldroff||Sun, Jan 10 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
It is incredible to see all of the different big cats, to hear their stories, and see how they are taken care of. The tour is brief but a perfect time for the kiddos. If doing adults only I would recommend the feeding tour.
Nice & educational
|oasisnole||Sat, Jan 9 12:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Got to see a lot of the cats up close.
overall good time
|yoyotp||Sat, Jan 9 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
It was a good time overall, but the price was a bit high in my opinion. I believe a 20 dollar price for the short 1 hour tour would be better suited for the experience. At least the money goes to saving the animals, but most of them were hidden or sleeping, so it was just a ok experience.
|TampaMike||Sun, Jan 3 12:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We had a great time at Big Cat Rescue. Our guide Sam was knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. We enjoyed the tour. At no time during the tour we got bored.
Wonderful day with the Big Cats!
|NicoleWatts||Sun, Jan 3 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
The weather was a little chilly so we got to see lots of activity from a number of cats. Highly recommend spending the day there!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children of all ages are welcome to attend. Ticket prices are 19.00 for children under the age of 10 and 36.00 for ages 10 and over. Children of all ages must pay for a ticket.
- Do you have strollers?
- We do not provide strollers and our paths are earthen, so they can be very difficult to push unless they are made for rough terrain.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://bigcatrescue.org/release to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Pets are not allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- If you are traveling with pets, including dogs, you cannot bring them onto the property, which includes the parking lot.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://bigcatrescue.org/release. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
- If you purchased a donation Extra, please take note of the following:
- Big Cat Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, FEID 59-3330495. Note that we do not utilize professional solicitors, so 100% of your donation goes to Big Cat Rescue and supporting the cats and stopping the abuse. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR BIG CAT RESCUE, A FL-BASED NONPROFIT CORPORATION (REGISTRATION NO. CH 11409), MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity