Did you know that the memorials light up at night? The refection from the river, the glow from the moon, the music spinning from our DJ booth… It all sets the tone for the perfect night that you won’t soon forget.
So break out your sea legs, hop aboard, and get ready to enjoy:
- A nighttime sail on our 142 passenger, double decker party yacht.
- A cash & credit card bar full of unique crew creations.
- Dance floor in the air conditioned main cabin with great DJs that play a fun mix of top 40, international, and electronic music.
- Views of DC's most famous monuments and memorials
- Meeting new people aboard the boat!
- An outdoor lounge on the top deck.
- Breathtaking DC panoramic cityscape on both levels.
- 3 bathrooms.
- Assortment of signature cocktails, wine, beer, and light snacks available at the cash bar!
What Is Not Included?
We recommend that our guests eat lunch or dinner before or after the cruise. We do not have a galley (kitchen) on board, and we are not a dinner boat, but we do have pre-packaged snacks available for purchase. (Our options vary, but examples could be: chips, pretzels, popcorn, nuts, etc.)
- Can I buy a ticket at check-in?
- The Boomerang Yacht usually sells out in advance, so unfortunately the answer is most likely no. However, we never want anyone to miss out on a trip on the Boomerang, so if there is a “no show”, we would be willing to sell a ticket on the spot.
- If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang Boat Tours does not keep a waiting list for our cruises. Cruises do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability. You are welcome to come to the dock and hop onboard before departure if any reservations no-show.
- What if someone in my party misses the boat? Can we go back to pick them up?
- Unfortunately, we leave right on time and cannot go back to the dock to pick up any latecomers. For this reason it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to arrive a few minutes before the start time to check-in and board.
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- No. Passengers cannot bring outside beverages as we are operating a full cash bar inside the main cabin. Due to safely rules on the water, passengers are not able to serve themselves alcohol and any items brought on board will be confiscated by our security team.
- Can outside food be brought aboard?
- No. We do not allow passengers to bring food aboard. However, light snacks will be available for purchase, such as chips, pretzels, popcorn, nuts, etc.
- What are the drink prices like?
- We operate a full bar accepting cash and credit cards. We may be running various specials at anytime, and items on this list are subject to change. Typically, our sodas are $2, our 12oz beers are $5, our rail cocktails, wines, & champagnes/mimosas are $6; our top shelf premium cocktails, & premium shots are $8; our shooters are $5-$7; and our specialty cocktails (like our Orange Crush & SharkBite!) are $8.
- Which historical sights will I see during the trip?
- All the good ones! You will be able to see the Georgetown waterfront, boathouse, and University, the Watergate, Kennedy Center, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, the Pentagon, Hains Point, Reagan National Airport, the Custis Lee Memorial, Key Bridge, and the Memorial Bridge.
- What is the layout of the boat?
- The main cabin has large open windows, along with our DJ, dance floor, bar, captain’s room, wrap around seating, and three bathrooms. The outdoor areas of the boat include the stern (back of the boat, lower level), and the large upper deck. Due to Coast Guard regulations, the upper deck does not accommodate more than 77 passengers at a time because of weight restrictions. We encourage all passengers to circulate throughout the boat so that everyone has the opportunity to explore all areas of the vessel. We do not have a bar on the top deck to further encourage full circulation throughout the boat. Once the top deck is at capacity, we operate a 'one up, one down' system. All areas of the boat are great, and most guests bop throughout the boat naturally during the cruise.
- Is this a tour boat? Will we be making stops?
- No, we are not your traditional, boring tour boat. We will not be making stops and giving history lessons. Instead, we will be keeping the party alive as we cruise by all of the historic sights while enjoying the beautiful DC harbor views!
- Where do we board the yacht?
- Please meet the Boomerang Yacht on the dock at the Washington Harbour. We will board in the commercial vessel boarding zone at the Georgetown Waterfront at the end of 31st street. This is located at the river in Georgetown at 3100 K St. NW DC, 20007. Walking from K St., turn south onto 31st st. and take it all the way to the water. If you are looking at the river from the Georgetown Waterfront, the Boomerang will pull up at the end of the dock, all the way on the right.
- Is there parking near the dock?
- There are several parking garages within 2 blocks of the waterfront area. However, if you are going to be joining in the party and festivities we encourage taking a cab directly to the Georgetown Harbour. The closest metro stop is Foggy Bottom Station which is serviced by the blue and orange lines and is a 15 minute walk away. Please plan accordingly and drive responsibly!
- What exactly happens when we check-in at the beginning of the night?
- Once you check-in with your Boomerang Boat Tours Hosts, you will receive a Boomerang Boat Tours wristband. You will need the wristband to board the boat. It is important to arrive a few minutes before your event time and check-in as soon as you arrive at the starting location.
- What do I need to bring?
- You don't need much to ride the Boomerang. Make sure to bring cash or credit cards for light snacks, drinks, or souvenirs aboard, a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id), and a camera if you'd like. Wear practical shoes since you are boarding a boat, bring your best smile, maybe a hoodie if it is chilly, and you should be good to go! We have enough entertainment on the boat to take care of the rest!
- Do I have to be 21 to ride?
- Riders on our Boomerang Yacht tours must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Do I need to tip the captain and yacht staff?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we will return to the dock to remove them, or not allow them onto the boat at the start of the trip. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- Can I board the boat if I am visibly pregnant?
- We are on a moving vessel which creates as unstable atmosphere. If we feel that it is unsafe for you to board due to your pregnancy, we may ask you to sign a waiver, or we may recommend that you to make alternate plans. We have your best interests in mind when making this decision.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there are three restrooms in the main cabin.
- Is the boat weatherproof?
- Yes. We operate rain or shine.
- Is smoking permitted?
- We do not allow smoking of any kind on the cruise. Please note, this includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes or vapor pens.
- Is the boat Coast Guard certified?
- Yes. Our vessel, captain, and crew are all Coast Guard certified.
- What should I wear?
- Although we do not have a specific dress code for this event, this cruise is a nighttime activity, so we encourage you to look your nautical best!
- Will I get seasick?
- Most likely no. The Potomac River is very narrow and it is usually a very calm waterway.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- The dock at Georgetown does not have wheelchair access.
- Can I stow my belongings somewhere during the sail?
- We do not have an area to 'check' people's belongings at this time.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang Yacht for a private party?
- Yes! The Boomerang Party Yacht is available for private rental for $800 per hour for up to 74 guests. For all private party inquiries, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page and contact us directly.
- Does the boat require a minimum amount of people to execute a cruise?
- Yes. Our boat has the capacity of 142 people, and we do require a minimum number of people signed up 48 hours in advance to execute a cruise. In the rare event that your cruise is not able to take place due to lack of participation, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule to a different cruise, or accept a full refund.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or older with a valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests will be denied entry or required to leave the cruise.
- We have the right to deny entry to any unruly person during the boarding of the vessel. In addition, we will return to the dock to remove anyone who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees during a cruise. No refunds will be given. Jumping off the vessel is not allowed and is punishable by the fullest extent of the law.
- Outside food and drink is not allowed on the Boomerang Boat.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own beverages or food on board the Boomerang Boat. All guests are subject to search before boarding the vessel.
Boomerang Boat Tours
They quickly decided it was time to make a splash by working on a project which resulted in a very cool addition to the fleet: The 74 passenger Boomerang Boat! With live DJs, nautical cocktails, gorgeous sunsets, and panoramic views of our nation’s best monuments, Boomerang Boat Tours received such great feedback that it wasn’t long before plans for a second ship began to develop & the Boomerang Pirate Ship was born!
With fire engine red sleek paint and the sails blowing in the wind, this sturdy and powerful vessel was custom built as an addition to the ever growing Boomerang fleet. Operating family fun treasure hunt cruises during the day, along with their signature party cruises at night, the Boomerang Pirate Ship has been providing endless memories ever since!
Longing to offer cruises & private charters to an ever growing DC metro area, the Boomerang Boat Tours founders decided that a larger vessel would be required to really complete the fleet. In May of 2015, the 70 foot, 149 passenger Boomerang Party Yacht was launched at the Georgetown waterfront!
As the Boomerang’s ten year anniversary approached in 2016, the vision of an international Boomerang Boat Tours was on the horizon. Reverting back to the original days of endless planning and preparation, we are thrilled to announce that a 50 foot Boomerang Caribbean Catamaran will be sailing in the British Virgin Islands starting in December, 2016!