Ye land lubbers will be sporting sea legs in no time. On this cruise, you can:
- Soak in Washington DC’s famous cityscape from either of our open air decks
- Walk the plank over to the dance floor and find out who surrenders the booty!
- When you’ve worked up a thirst, head into the galley and plunder some grog with the wenches.
- Escape to the top deck to catch up with friends while cruising under the moonlight.
About the vessel
The Boomerang Pirate Ship was custom designed and built to U.S. Coast Guard requirements for use on the Potomac River in 2013.
Our ship is equipped with all of the latest life-saving equipment, including life jackets, life rings, and ship-to-shore radio. All of our captains hold their 100 ton master’s license, and they are the saltiest dogs on the river!
There are two restrooms on board, a bar, and a professional sound system with a large variety of music.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Halloween pirate cruise
|carmenmull||Sat, Oct 31, 15 8:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
Very fun cruise, we were well attended by staff. The music was fun to dance to and it was a beautiful night to be out on the river.
|Daralynn713||Fri, Oct 30, 15 8:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Did it over Halloween... Bunch of us dressed up in costumes. Super Fun.
|chdunlay||Sat, Oct 24, 15 6:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Had so much fun on the Pirate Cruise Ship! Everyone was very friendly and helpful and I would definitely do it again!
Awesome time with friends from out of town!
|SheriTrice||Fri, Oct 16, 15 8:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
My girlfriend and I had friends in from Los Angeles, and wanted to show them a good time on the water, with even better views. Thanks Boomerang!
|Lboggs3||Sat, Oct 10, 15 8:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Awesome adventure but no smoking allowed
|Servantleade||Sat, Oct 10, 15 6:30 PM||Unspecified||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
Music was awesome!!!
Fun but less than expected
|shannonkhill||Sat, Sep 26, 15 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
We all had a great time, but for a $20 entry and prices for drinks, the whole experience kind of felt overdone. We probably could have just rented a personal boat for the group and split the cost for cheaper. The pirate thing was fun and funny, but beyond the ship itself, there wasn't really anything to the theme.
A Great, Fun Way To Enjoy a Cruise
|Syme007||Fri, Sep 25, 15 8:30 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
I thoroughly enjoyed the Pirate Cruise... it is a very unique way to enjoy a cruise on the Potomac, with friends. The crew were all very fun and easy to work with. Great music... great weather. Would love to do it again!
|geribabie||Fri, Sep 25, 15 8:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
It was our friends birthday and it was a nice boat ride. the music could be a tab better, but the people on the boat really made it worth wild.
Very generous bartenders
|Angelajfrenc||Sat, Sep 19, 15 6:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
It was a lot of fun. Felt like a house party from the early 2000s with great booze.
- Can I buy a ticket at check-in on the dock?
- Piracy on the Potomac is serious business, me friends, so the Boomerang usually sells out in advance. However, we never want anyone to miss out on an opportunity to sail the high seas, so if there is a “no show”, we would be willing to sell a ticket on the spot.
- What if someone in my party misses the boat? Can we go back to pick them up?
- Unfortunately, we leave right on time and cannot go back to the dock to pick up any slacking pirates. For this reason it is very important for you to arrive early, or right on time. Because docking times are reserved for commercial boats throughout each hour, we are not able to linger at the dock outside of our assigned time or we stand the risk of making enemies at sea! It is very important that you are ready to board at cruise time. Please plan ahead for parking and traffic, ye scurvy dogs. Arrrr!
- What is the layout of the boat?
- The Boomerang has a large open floor plan with two levels and an enclosed bar & bathroom area. Due to Coast Guard regulations, the upper deck does not accommodate more than 32 passengers at a time because of weight restrictions. Once the top deck is at capacity, we operate a 'one up, one down' system. All areas of the boat are great, and most guests bop throughout the boat naturally during the cruise.
- Are there bathrooms on board?
- Yes! We have two bathrooms on board. On a pirate ship, however, bathrooms are called ‘heads’. So stop calling them bathrooms, ye land lubber!
- Can outside food be brought aboard?
- Although me pirates love a good meal, sadly, we do not allow passengers to bring food aboard. However, snacks will be available for purchase.
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- No. Passengers cannot bring outside beverages as we operate a full bar inside the gally full of grog and spirits. We could lose our liquor license if outside alcohol was consumed on premise, so me crew might be plundering for hidden loot prior to boarding, if necessary.
- What are the drink prices like?
- We operate a full bar accepting cash and credit cards and items on this list are subject to change. Although we’d love to take all ye treasure, our drinks prices are reasonable. Typically, our sodas & bottled water is $2, our 12oz beers are $5 and our 16oz beers are $6; our rail cocktails, wines, & champagnes are $6; our top shelf premium cocktails, frozen drinks, specialty cocktails (like our Pirate Punch & Bubbling Booty!) are $8. We don’t want anyone to get ‘loaded to the gunwalls’, so we will be serving with care, me hearties.
- Do I have to be 21+ to cruise?
- Riders on the Boomerang adult cruises must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). If you are under 21, please join us on a treasure hunt cruise in the morning or afternoon.
- Do I have to dress like a pirate?
- This here is a tough question for me and my mates... However, we are modern pirates who accept all kinds - land lubbers, scurvy dogs, buccaneers, wenches, and more. So relax, me hearties, we will accept you for who you arrrrrrrr. Just *don't* bring any scallywags.
- What should I wear?
- Me lads, me lasses, we encourage you to look your plundering best! Once you've swabbed our decks, played with the bilge rats, and walked the plank, no buxom beauty in town will look better than you!
- What do I need to bring?
- You don't need much to live the life of a pirate. Make sure to bring cash or credit cards for booty on board - snacks, drinks, or souvenirs, a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id), and a camera if you'd like. Wear practical shoes since you are boarding a boat, bring your best smile, perhaps an eye patch, maybe a hoodie if it is chilly, shades if it’s sunny, and you should be good to go!
- What happens if it rains?
- We are fearless pirates! Be sure to plan ahead for all of the elements by wearing the appropriate attire. If rain is in the forecast, feel free to bring an umbrella, raincoat, or poncho.
- What happens if severe weather is in the forecast for my cruise?
- If severe weather is in the forecast for our section of the Potomac, our captain might have to cancel a cruise. If this was the case, we would notify tickets holders via email and text message as soon as that decision was made. At that point, we would issue you a gift certificate for a future cruise.
- What if we experience severe weather during our cruise?
- The captain might make the decision to return to the dock if severe weather occurs during your cruise. If you experienced the majority of your cruise before the captain made that decision, then no accommodations would be made. If you experienced less than half of your cruise, then we would offer you a gift certificate for a future cruise.
- How long will the cruise last?
- This cruise is 2 hours long!
- Where do we board the Pirate Ship?
- Passengers will board at the Georgetown Waterfront. Specific directions will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- Is there parking near the dock?
- There are several parking garages within 2 blocks of the waterfront area. However, if you are going to be joining in the party and festivities we encourage taking a cab directly to the Georgetown Harbour. Unfortunately, there is no metro stop in the Georgetown area so please plan accordingly and drive responsibly!
- Is the boat Coast Guard certified?
- The Boomerang Boat is a United Stated Coast Guard certified vessel and safety is our number one priority. If anyone is acting unruly or is harmful to themselves or others, the boat will return to the dock and our security will have these guests removed. In addition, we have the right to deny boarding to any person at any time. Safety is our first priority and entertainment is our second, so please sail responsibly.
- Is smoking permitted?
- We do not allow smoking of any kind on the cruise. Please note, this includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes or vapor pens.
- Is this a tour boat? Will we be making stops?
- Arrrr you crazy? We are not your traditional, boring tour boat. We are not your traditional boat at all! We will be keeping the party alive as we cruise by all of the historic sights while enjoying the beautiful DC harbor views and searching for scallywags!
- Which historical sights will I see during the trip?
- All the good ones! You will be able to see the Georgetown waterfront, boathouse, and University, the Watergate, Kennedy Center, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, the Pentagon, entrance to the Tidal Basin, Hains Point, the Custis Lee Memorial, Key Bridge, and the Memorial Bridge.
- Can I board if I'm visably pregnant?
- We are on moving vessel which creates as unstable atmosphere. If we feel that it is unsafe for you to board due to your pregnancy, or any condition, we may ask you to sign a waiver, or we may recommend that you to make alternate plans. We have your best interests in mind when making this decision.
- Will I get seasick?
- Most likely no. The Potomac River is very narrow and it is usually a very calm waterway.
- Is the boat wheel chair accessable?
- The dock at Georgetown does not have wheelchair access due to tidal changes (which alter river levels) throughout the day.
- Can I stow my belonging somewhere on board during the cruise?
- You'd like to give a ship full of pirates all of ye possessions? Me mates don't think this is such a good idea so we do not have an area to stow people's belongings at this time.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang Pirate Ship for a private party?
- Yes! For all private party inquiries, please click "Contact Boomerang" to setup your private event.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Unruly guests will be denied entry or required to leave the cruise.
- We have the right to deny entry to any unruly person during the boarding of the vessel. In addition, we will return to the dock to remove anyone who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees during a cruise. No refunds will be given. Jumping off the vessel is not allowed and is punishable by the fullest extent of the law
- All participants must be age 21 or older with a valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Outside food and drink is not allowed on the Boomerang Pirate Ship.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own beverages or food on board the Pirate Ship. All persons are subject to search prior to boarding.
The Boomerang started in 2006 with a married duo who loved taking advantage of all the fun things DC had to offer. Quickly realizing that safe and affordable transportation was sorely lacking, they looked for ways to improve the entertainment offerings in the Washington, DC area by creating Boomerang Tours- a party bus transportation company that organized unique events happening around town.
Fast forward to 2012, and their fleet comprised of five buses!
Just like their vehicles, Boomerang’s creators were always on the move.. Itching to test out their sea legs, they decided to follow their passion by expanding from land to sea in March of 2012 with the launch of the 80 passenger Boomerang Party Yacht. This turned out to be a great idea as Washingtonians stormed their gangplank to experience sunset sails, brunch cruises, and more along the Potomac River while enjoying live DJs and panoramic views of our nation’s best monuments.
Longing for even more adventure, the Boomerang creators decided it was time for them to become the saltiest dogs on the river. Piracy, looting, and plundering crossed their minds, but deep in their hearts they felt more Jolly Roger than they did the dreadful Blackbeard.
Alas, the Boomerang Pirate Ship was born. A sturdy and powerful vessel built in the Chesapeake Bay just for the Boomerang fleet, this 90 passenger, 54 foot pirate vessel arrived in Washington after a 14 hour sail on April 15th, 2013.
We invite you aboard to join our crew of friendly pirates, me mateys!