In just 3 hours, you'll experience the unforgettable tastes of great wine and food while enjoying a walking tour like no other! Our local tour guides are entertaining, historically informative and always have the inside scoop on local fun. You'll also have the chance to meet fellow wine lovers and foodies, local merchants and knowledgeable culinary artisans. You'll enjoy a smorgasbord of wine and food samples from local vineyards and restaurants - seven stops in all - enough for lunch.
The wine and food specialties served on the tour may include:
- Gourmet almonds and sauces from a family orchard
- Authentic Mexican food
- Spanish and Portuguese wines from San Antonio Valley
- Bold and elegant wines from Carmel Valley
- Award winning clam chowder
- Local Monterey wines that speak directly to the place it was grown
- Fudge, chocolate and gourmet candy apples
Come join us on our next Monterey Wine and Food Walking tour!
What Is Not Included?
- Food and wine tastings are included.
- Water will be available at the various stops, but we recommend guests bring a bottle of water.
- Gratuities are not included but greatly appreciated.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. Tickets can be purchased through Zerve online or by calling 800-979-3370 with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- How far in advance should I book a tour?
- We understand that sometimes people like to wait until the last minute, but we suggest you book as soon as possible, because tours generally sell out.
- How much food is served on the tour?
- As part of your Monterey Wine and Food journey we will stop at a minimum of 7 locations for a delicious sampling. For most, the total tastings are equivalent to a lunch.
- Are tours appropriate for children?
- No – Monterey Wine and Food walking tours are most appropriate for adults only and is not recommended for children. The three-hour tour includes 1 easy mile of walking, wine and food tastings, and information geared toward adults.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Please let us know if you or any one in your group has any dietary restrictions or allergies upon purchasing your tickets. While many of the tasting are simply hard to replace, we will do our best to accommodate restrictions if notified in advance.
- Are there other beverages served on the tour besides wine?
- Yes, you’ll have the opportunity to have water at the various tasting stops. You must be over 21 years of age to participate. Please be sure to bring a valid ID to partake in the wine tastings. We encourage guests to bring their own bottles of water as well.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?
- The majority of the wine and food sampled on the tour is locally grown and/or produced. Tastings may vary from tour to tour, but we will sample both sweet and savory items.
- I’m on a diet, can you substitute low-calorie options?
- You may not have another chance to try these specially-selected food items, so for these three hours we invite you to gently place your diet (Atkins, South Beach, etc.) in a box, tie it with a bow and put it aside.
- Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- Our vendors endeavor to provide alternative tasting options for vegetarians. Please be sure to let us know any dietary restrictions when you purchase tickets for your tour.
- Are there options for vegans on the tour?
- While a few of the tastings are vegan-friendly, many of them are not. Unfortunately, the tour visits several specialty shops where vegan options are not available. While vegans are welcome to take the tour and learn about the history and culture of Monterey, they should do so with the knowledge that we will not be able to provide vegan-friendly options at several of the tasting stops.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
- Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, celiac, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know in advance, we will work to accommodate your needs.
- Are the wine tastings included in the tour?
- Yes, absolutely!
- How far do we walk and at what pace?
- The tour covers approximately 1 easy mile over a three-hour period on paved sidewalks and boardwalk over water. One block is slight down hill towards ocean and you will not be walking back up that block. We do recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes. We walk at a relaxed pace and stop frequently, including spending 15 – 30 minutes at each of the designated tasting spots.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- Yes. The tour finishes close to the starting location. The specific location of where the tour begins will be provided when you purchase tickets.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, there are restrooms at several locations throughout the tour.
- Can I get a refund if I have to cancel? Can I reschedule?
- Sorry, once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Would locals enjoy the tour?
- Absolutely! A large number of tour participants are locals. We love to hear locals say, “I never knew that!” while learn some interesting facts about area history, architecture and culture. And while you may have been to some of the tasting locations on the tour, you will see them in a whole new light.
- What should I wear?
- We want you to be comfortable. Monterey is casual when it comes to fashion. The weather is typically pleasant, but layered clothing is a smart choice. We recommend that you wear comfortable - and sensible - shoes. High heels are discouraged.
- What about inclement weather?
- Yes, we tour rain or shine! Our experience is that food tastes even better in the rain. If you don't have your compact umbrella with you, there's no need to worry: We have disposable yellow rain ponchos that are almost certain to make you feel like a kid again.
- Where do I park?
- There are ample parking lots located near the beginning of the tour. Specific parking information and directions will be provided after tickets are purchased.
- Are tours wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, our walking tour routes are wheelchair accessible.
- Can we shop along the way?
- While the tour is held along Cannery Row, we’re on a schedule. During some of the tastings you will have an extra 5 minutes for impulse buys. We highly recommend allowing time after the tour to visit all the places that catch your eye.
- Am I allowed to bring a camera?
- By all means, yes! We want you to take memories home with you and share them with your family and friends.
- Are tours pet friendly?
- Sorry, no pets are allowed on the tour. Please notify us in advance if you are accompanied by a service animal.
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- If your Monterey Wine and Food guide did a superb job, you are welcome to reward him/her to show your appreciation. Leaving a gratuity is at your discretion, but the service industry standard is 15%.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates make the perfect gift for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or just because. Please click the "Contact CanneryRow" to inquire further.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private Monterey Wine and Food Tours can be arranged for small and large groups. Please click the "Contact CanneryRow" link for more details.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Everyone has to be 21 and up and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Everyone will be required to sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
Cannery Row 5 Star Tours
We researched Monterey by enjoying the most delectable wines and foods available on Cannery Row’s street made famous by John Steinbeck. We sampled wines and walked. We sampled unusual taste treats and walked. We enjoyed the social connections while tasting fine wines and walked. We ate at the best restaurants on the row and walked. It’s our pleasure to walk with you and share a taste of Paradise on the Monterey Peninsula.
Lynn Marie has an extensive background in the entertainment business. Her background includes everything from performing in musical comedy on stage in Toronto, Canada, starring in national TV commercials and television roles, as well as having her own show on Time Warner Cable. Lynn Marie is also the award winning publisher of Bonnie Raitt’s highest topping single, “Something to Talk About.”
On the Monterey Wine and Food Tour, get ready for something to talk about!