On this tour, your entertaining guide will share all sorts of legendary tales including ones about:
- Ghostly sunken ships
- Haunted lighthouses
- And many others about the mysterious happenings on the darker side of this spirited peninsula.
Our Ghost Tour was showcased in the USA Today and Chicago Tribune Sunday "Travel" section.
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|candn10||Sat, Jun 27 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Unspecified||Couple on a Date|
Enjoyed Bob as our guide. He was very enthusiastic. Got a lot of history on the area.
|calinacina||Thu, Jun 25 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
we really enjoyed this experience. The guide was very interesting and worked extremely hard to make it fun! Each place he took us on add value and interest and he told the storiesin a clear interesting way. at the beginning there were a few teenagers who were over loud and ruined a few points of interest, and it took a few other people to get them to calm themselves down so that other people could enjoy it. The only recommendation I would have is that maybe it could be advertised to be conscious of other people at the party when making loud conversation or noise. Everything with the guide was excellent!
door county must
|tstroka||Wed, Jun 24 7:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Bob was a great entertainer and the trip was a blast
I would take the tour again.
|nmsebold||Mon, Jun 22 7:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
I highly recommend this tour. It was very interesting and informative. The tour guide was awesome. He dressed the part and was very interesting,
|mchlkatzke||Mon, Jun 22 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our tour guide Bob is an amazing story teller with a fabulous sense of humor. Our group ranged in age from 12 to 80 and he kept everyone laughing. In fact, his stories were so creepy he had some members of our group up all night with nightmares. I strongly recommend this tour!
Bob was awesome
|Drdsreed||Mon, Jun 22 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
It wasn't very spooky to me, but Bob is a great story teller and very animated. It was a good time!
Fun for all ages, 8 through 74
|jwmitch1||Fri, Jun 19 7:00 PM||Male||70+||Local||Family With Children|
If Bob has done this tour as many times as he says he has, I don't know how he keeps it so fresh and entertaining. He ain't bored and neither was his audience. Warning: Eight year old had to sleep with her parents that night.
very informative and enjoyable. Outstanding narra
|VGilmore||Thu, Jun 18 7:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Outstanding leader/narrator. Excellent new facility. Good amount of time for tour. Very welcoming and fun. Great experience. Recommending to others..and we will now try other tours.
Great fun and history
|suzy8704||Wed, Jun 17 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
The guide was fun and very knowledgeable and made it fun for all.
Great stories compliment tour
|DavidTeeter||Fri, Jun 12 7:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I enjoyed the ghost tour, the driver/guide seemed to enjoy telling stories and was very good at telling the stories. I enjoyed visiting the various locations, exploring the museum and walking out to the lighthouse. The tour was a very worthwhile experience that I would happily recommend to others.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will spend a portion of the tour off the trolley, as we tour the various "spirited" locations.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- This tour is recommended for children 5 years old and up. Kids under 5 years old are not allowed on the tour for the enjoyment of the other guests. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets the age of any children you will be bringing on the Ghost Tour.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free, ample parking available at the new Trolley Station.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring a snack or non-alcoholic beverage to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Trolley riders get off the trolley 4 times during the tour and spend 10-20 minutes at each stop. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. But there are bathroom facilities available at 2 stops on the Ghost Tour.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- Guests will be getting off the trolley 4 times during the tour. Minimal to moderate walking will be required for short distances on the tour. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Can I store anything on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of both Door County's scenic and "spirited" places that we visit.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- No, there aren't any shopping opportunities ON this tour. However, there is opportunity for guests to purchase souvenirs before the tour at the new Trolley Station where there is a full gift shop, coffee bar, wine and beer.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Ghost Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed on this tour for the enjoyment of all participants. If you are bringing any children who are 5 and older, we do ask that you let us know the ages of the participating children by entering a Message to the Seller.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...