On the four-hour version of this tour, we will be making a lunch stop at an authentic New York restaurant. Please note the the three-hour version of this tour does not stop for lunch.
Travel through classic hip hop terrain on an intimate ride led by one of our famous hosts, including Grandmaster Caz (from the Cold Crush Brothers), Kurtis Blow, Rahiem (from the Furious Five), Reggie Reg (from Crash Crew). Their stories will give you insight into the history and growth of hip hop as you check out some of its most important landmarks, like:
- Hip Hop Revolution Exhibition April 6 - Sept 13, 2015 (Museum Donation Welcomed)
- Graffiti Wall of Fame
- Harlem World
- The Apollo Theater
- Yankee Stadium
- Famous Murals Dedicated to Legends like Big L, Kool Herc, and More
What Is Not Included?
Souvenirs are not included in the price of the tour. Our participants have the opportunity to purchase exclusive CDs, T-Shirts, and more to remind them of their trip. Please bring cash if you might want to purchase lunch and/or souvenirs.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fun tour with awesome tour guide
|Isabelle0811||Sat, Nov 7 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
It's been a bit chaotic at the pick up location but after everybody got in the bus it was really good!
I felt save in the bus and with the tour guides and the more then fulfilled our expectations. We would really recommend that tour to our friends and family.
If you've seen all of Manhattan and have some extra time I would def. take that tour, which shows you another part of NYC.
|amoretti||Wed, Nov 4 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
Bonne ambiance, les guides sont très sympas, bien organisé
What an experence...!
|conformancef||Wed, Nov 4 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Other|
If you've been involved in hip hop culture in any way, shape or form, this will be a fantastic experience for you - it's been about 4years since I was really (briefly) involved in "bgirl"ing, but I still loved experiencing the culture from the birthplace of this worldwide community!!
You get to see, and learn about, all four elements of hip hop from someone who's lived in the culture from it's very inception!!
Aussie girl being a b-girl in NYC - sweet!
|apeyts||Fri, Oct 30 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We had a great time learning lots about the history of hip hop, based on the 4 (5) pillars. It was awesome fun learning a mini break dance and getting the opportunity to travel and learn about the neighbourhoods in the Bronx & Harlem. Great chance for this Aussie couple to immerse ourselves in some NYC culture.
Best tour we took in NYC!
|jinhoshow||Fri, Oct 23 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This tour is well worth the cost. Grandmaster Caz was our guide and who better to give us a tour than a pioneer of what we call hip hop? Caz has all the knowledge from the birth of hip hop because he was there from the beginning. The tour was fun, interactive, and great for all people. On our tour, the ages spanned from 10 to probably 65.
If you want to see where it all started by someone who was actually there, TAKE THIS TOUR!
Grandmaster Caz shows his neighbourhood
|RWaterhout||Wed, Oct 21 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
Riding a bus trough Harlem and the Bronx, Grandmaster Caz skillfully guided us trough the birth of Hip Hop. Showing many video's, landmarks and friends and explaining that a folding table easily can represent the foundations of Hip Hop. Excellent soulfood as lunch. We had a great time!
Best host in grandmaster caz
|Kamalsandhu||Fri, Oct 16 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
What more can we say, taken through the birthplace of hiphop by rap royalty. Loved every moment of it (even the awkward bits!). One of our group was not a hiphop fan and loved it all the same! Highly recommend to both fans and nonfans! Rounded off with some great soulfood at mannas which was the icing on the cake.
Amazing Insider Tour with Many Stops!!
|maryen65||Wed, Oct 14 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
I booked this tour because my daughter is a huge Hip Hop fan. It was the BEST tour. From the moment we got on the bus the party started! You will dance and boogie your way around all the tour spots and it's very interactive. So fun!!
Best tour in NYC
|Baedz4227||Wed, Oct 7 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Of all the tours we went on, this one was the most fun, the hosts are awesome
|Audree22||Sat, Oct 3 2:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
Too expensive for what was offered. Tour guide (the Hip-hop legend) needed guidance from the bus driver, who owned the company, and the kid who was helping. I just expected a more knowledgeable tour guide for the money. They also try to sell you things on the bus which did not sit well with me, considering that it was already about $70.00 --- I thought was pushy.
- Why Should I Take the Hush Tour?
- Hush Tours is the only experience of its kind. It is a comprehensive hip hop tour that focuses on the true origins of hip hop culture 40 years ago, with real celebrity talent as tour guides. Every Hush Tour is its own unique experience, providing a comprehensive overview of the most important elements of the New York hip hop scene. From DJs, MCs, B-Boys, and Graffiti artists, every tour is designed to provide you with a one of a kind opportunity to see a side of New York that not even residents have seen.
- But I Don’t Like Rap. Will I Like This Tour?
- Absolutely. Hip hop is a culture, not simply a style of music. Hip hop culture is filled with an incredible artistic history, as well as a community that has influenced generations not only in New York, but around the world. Our tours have humor, energy, and a stories all their own, and take you into areas of New York that you don’t have to like hip hop music to appreciate.
- Is Your Tour Age Appropriate?
- Yes. We frequently have guests over the age of 5 on the tour, and we are very popular with teenagers and young adults all the way to senior citizens.
- What Age Qualifies for a Child Ticket?
- All children ages 6-18, who will take their own seat on the bus, must purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Any children ages 5 and under who will not need their own seat may come free of charge, but must sit on an adults lap. If a child 5 and under does require their own seat, he or she must have a reduced price Child ticket.
- Can I Send My Child Alone?
- We do allow teenagers to be on the bus alone. Keep in mind that the tours often make stops, so your child will be expected to stay with the group at all times. Please make sure you provide them with some type of cell phone so that they can reach you, and let us know in advance that your child will be on board without adult supervision.
- What is the difference between the three and four hour versions of this tour?
- The four-hour version of this tour will be making a lunch stop at an authentic New York restaurant. If you choose to attend the four-hour tour, please bring cash, as the place we will be stopping at may not accept credit cards. Please note that the three-hour version of this tour will not be stopping for lunch. Feel free to bring along a snack!
- If a Tour is Sold Out, Do You Have a Waiting List?
- Not yet. Our tours are available on a first come, first served basis. Tours usually do sell out, so we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan your trip accordingly.
- What Ethnic Group, Gender, and/or Age Audience is Hush Tours For?
- All of them! Hush Tours is the definition of family friendly. Hip hop culture isn’t about age, ethnicity, or gender. It’s about experiencing the birthplace of a movement that has touched future generations. We’re a great choice for those that appreciate both old school and new school hip hop, and if you read our reviews you’ll see that even those that have never had much flavor for hip hop culture have loved their Hush Tours experience.
- Do I Really Get to Meet Celebrities with Hush Tours?
- Yes! Your tour guides are all legends of hip hop, and were themselves a part of hip hop history. Some of your possible celebrity guides include Grandmaster Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Ralph McDaniels, Lady K Fever, Johnny Famous, DJ Red Alert, as well as several others, and there are always surprise guest on each tour.
- Do You Cancel in Bad Weather?
- You know nothing can stop hip hop. Except for snow and dangerous storms of course. We do everything we can to still hold our tours and cancellations are very rare. Expect the tour to continue unless the weather is severe, and call us if you’re concerned.
- Are There Any Other Tours Like Hush Tours in NYC?
- None. Hush Tours is a one of a kind experience. Not only is it the only tour of hip hop history, it’s also the only tour narrated by the legends that have been there. There are other tours that go through Harlem or hit up some of the Jazz clubs, but no other tour provides the same perspective and insight on the total hip hop experience that you receive through Hush Tours.
- Do You Ever Skip Sections of the Tour?
- While rare, we do occasionally need to modify a tour last minute or skip planned locations as a result of traffic conditions, construction, or issues that affect the tour route. We assume no responsibility for access to sites and activities or circumstances beyond our control. Keep in mind that on occasion we’ll also change up our tours on purpose to provide a brand new experience to the visitor.
- Is Your Tour Available in Any Language Besides English?
- Yes, provide points of interest written in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese. Unfortunately, our tour guides only speak English during the tour, however this tour is both musical and visual and can appreciated by those that do not speak the language. Hip Hop appeals to people of all backgrounds.
- Is Your Tour Bus Wheelchair Accessible?
- Unfortunately, no. At the moment, we do not have a bus that is wheelchair accessible. We are looking into it.
- What Are the Requirements for a Discounted Ticket?
- All children 18 and under qualify for a youth ticket, which is offered at a discount. Keep in mind when you purchase a tickets that those not escorted by an adult are expected to stay with the group at all times, and responsible for sticking with the group. We do recommend that children under the age of 14 or those that have a tendency to wander off come with an adult, but it is not required.
- Do You Allow Videotaping?
- We do allow photography off the bus, but filming and audiotaping are prohibited. Our guides like to be able to speak with you freely and tell you stories that they want coming from them in person.
- Do You Offer Gift Certificates?
- Yes! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I Book a Private/Customized Tour?
- Absolutely! We offer private and customized tours for groups, billed at an hourly rate with a minimum of 4 hours. Learn more about our private tours by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- I Have a Coupon Code. How Do I Use It?
- Each coupon code has specific guidelines for use. Some may be for specific types of tickets/tours, and other may be for limited time frames. If you find you are having difficulty using a coupon code online, please call us at 212-714-3544 and we’ll look into the problem.
- Is lunch included in the tour?
- Effective May 1, 2015 thru November 30, 2015 (Saturdays only) the tour is 3 hours and there is no lunch stop.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Winter Months
- Please email email@example.com or call 212 714-3527 24 hours prior to tour date during the months of December - March to reconfirm and receive up to date tour information as the weather patterns fluctuate.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests a family friendly opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour allows visitors to meet, greet and be guided by hip hop legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim, Reggie Reg. Ralph McDaniels, Melle Mel, DJ Kool Herc and an assortment of others. Customers are taught the true essence of hip hop culture in an educational and entertaining format while traveling outside of the beaten path.
Hush Tours is an active member of NYC & Co., The Bronx Tourism Council, the East Harlem Tourism Board and a City and State Certified M/WBE.