Highlights on this 1.5 -hour cruise include:
- A narrated tour by our captain
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn, Queens and the New York City skyline
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
These spectacular glassed-in observatories on the back decks are equipped with cushioned seating around conversation-friendly tables. They are heated in the winter and air-conditioned in the summer, and provides stunning, panoramic views, all within climate-controlled comfort.
Beer, wine, champagne, soda, juice or water and a full bar is available aboard the Manhattan and Manhattan II throughout the trip. (One complimentary beverage is included.)
So hop aboard these elegant vessels today and see New York as it was meant to be seen—from the water!
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
One of the best parts of our trip!
|Jmorris133||Mon, Sep 28 4:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Very glad we took the cruise, will be sure to do it again next time we are in New York.
|khawkgreen||Wed, Sep 23 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We loved that we didn't feel like sardines on a boat - it was comfortable, roomy and gave opportunities to explore from different parts of the boat. It was a classic/beautiful yacht, friendly service and a beautiful cruise! The Statue & Skyline Sightseeing Cruise exceeded my expectations! Thank you Classic Harbor Line!
|dar834||Wed, Sep 16 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My fiance and I really enjoyed this boat trip. Have been to New York several times, and this has been one of my favorite experiences. The staff was friendly, you can bring your own food and wine, the view is great.
|steffenkrenk||Wed, Sep 9 4:30 PM||Unspecified||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Me and my wife , had a wonderful trip at Good way to see The Manhattan skyline...
Great New York Harbor and lower East River cruise
|everjane||Wed, Sep 9 4:30 PM||Female||70+||Local||Group of Friends|
Crew members very friendly and helpful. Amazing views of the Statue, Ellis Island, World Trade Center, and the Brooklyn Bridge. Only complaints were the heat of the interior cabin --it was air conditioned but the heat of the sun through the glass pretty much negated it. Also, our trip included a large office party who were well-behaved but very noisy. Otherwise, worth every penny.
Totally awesome . . . absolutely loved it!!
|hkwitmer||Mon, Sep 7 4:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
We went @ 4:30PM on Labor Day and had a beautiful afternoon on the Hudson . . The Captain was wonderful and very thorough. We went so close to Lady Liberty . . . lots of great pictures. Highly recommend this to any one!!
Great trip around the Bay
|Geraldine500||Sun, Sep 6 12:00 PM||Female||70+||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
Comfortable boat trip with knowledgable guide and big windows for viewing statues and skyline - just right for a sunny Sunday morning - the Chelsea Piers complex is a gem.
Great staff, great boat and great views
|Levonig||Sat, Sep 5 4:30 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The boat was a charming boat much more cosy and warm. Much better the some competitors with those giant double decker white metal ferry rides.
The staff was warm and friendly.
Highly recommended and will probably do it again with other friends next time we visit NYC.
An absolute must see
|Evgenii||Thu, Sep 3 4:30 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I definitely will recommend this tour to all my friends and all tourists visiting New York! 10 of 10 rating!!!
Great tour with enthusiastic crew
|gregdmerritt||Mon, Aug 31 4:30 PM||Male||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We signed up for the Statue and Skyline cruise on the Manhattan after reading the numerous positive reviews on Zerve and Trip Advisor - we were not disappointed. Had a great day on the water with only about 30 total guests so there was plenty of room to roam, especially for my nine year old son. The captain did a wonderful job providing robust descriptions of the various sights. We all learned something new about New York. And the crew even managed to walk around and serve a complimentary beverage including wine and unique microbrews to everyone during a sometimes bouncy ride over the waves. We escaped to the back of the boat to enjoy some air conditioning from time to time also. In all, a very positive tour and well worth the cost. If we come back to NYC we'll be sure to do another tour from Classic Harbor Line.
- Do cruises sell out frequently? If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. A waiting list is kept for sold out trips and special events.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
- Is food available on the boat?
- Cheese plates and a full bar are available aboard. You are also welcome to bring aboard a small picnic of your own.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A beautiful full bar and specialty NY State wines by the bottle available for purchase. (One complimentary drink is included.)
- Are these vessels safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the motor yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or be refunded.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts are a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Are these yachts handicap accessible?
- They are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, these vessels are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Statue and Skyline Harbor Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.